Talk

Advanced search

Fundraising, which 'large' companies are known to donate great prizes ?

(10 Posts)
Flossydrop Thu 17-Jul-08 15:25:58

Hi everyone,

I am writing the begging letters for our next school event and am hoping to get a 'WOW' prize from a large company.

I have only ever written to local companies before who support us well.

Can anyone let me know if your school has received a great prize from a company ?.

I am thinking along the lines of London Theatre tickets / Euro Tunnel Tickets / Ferry Crossings etc etc.

Thank you
Floss

Bramshott Thu 17-Jul-08 15:29:24

We have a local gliding club who are always donating a trial flight for stuff. Sorry, I know that's local, but it's a WOW prize!

Flossydrop Thu 17-Jul-08 15:31:17

Where are you ? We are in Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex.

eleanorsmum Thu 17-Jul-08 15:32:11

we have some bigger compaines near us and they are usually better, for example hasbro and panasonic. this summer we got free flight vouchers from a alocal gym so you never know!

Flossydrop Thu 17-Jul-08 15:33:12

Yes we have Sony/Panasonic etc but the best we got was a DVD player. Great but you can buy them so cheap these days !

theITgirl Thu 17-Jul-08 15:49:05

Companies one of the parents work at.
eg Glaxo will match fundraising, so we put those parent volunteers on the stalls that raise the most money for the summer fete, rather than the stalls which pull in the crowds, but operate at a small loss.
Also they are more likely to donate decent raffle prize, we got a Nintendo Wii from Tescos for example.
Local zoo's or 'farms' will often donate a day family ticket.

dilemma456 Thu 17-Jul-08 21:40:36

Message withdrawn

alardi Fri 18-Jul-08 20:51:47

Local branch of Focus donated an expensive BBQ (which I thought was fantastic going for a local playgroup raffle prize).

ByTheSea Fri 18-Jul-08 20:53:06

Try your local professional sports teams. They may give tickets/VIP passes.

Flossydrop Wed 23-Jul-08 08:42:10

Great ideas, thank you everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now