Talk

Advanced search

Cock-Up in this years Y6 SATs marking....?

(6 Posts)
coggy Wed 16-Jul-08 14:35:21

I know I read it somewhere - I was sure it was on MN but I have searched through and can't find it.

Going to Google it but rather hoped that some parents/teachers may remember, or know, something about this.

I read a couple of weeks ago about several schools nationally disputing their SATs results because there were HUGE discrepencies in the marking with one example of a 'lower ability' child having the same writing score as a 'more able' child. They send all of the papers off for re-marking and, IIRC, got most of the levels changed.

HELP!
Does this sound familiar to anyone??!!
If so...please point me in the right direction!

TIA.

OrmIrian Wed 16-Jul-08 14:37:10

Yes. Just posted an update to my post about this in Primary. Maths and Science OK. Literacy results all on the wonk - pupils who were predicted level 5s got 3s and vice versa. School has sent them back for remarking at their expense.

coggy Thu 17-Jul-08 00:18:30

Thank you, just found that thread.

MUM23ASD Thu 17-Jul-08 08:44:51

just heard on radio that one school sent in 69 papers- and 68 were marked as ABSENT! WTF?!

tortoiseSHELL Thu 17-Jul-08 08:47:29

It has been an unmitigated cock up from beginning to end - I have friends who are markers and they said it was a total nightmare, with 150 more pupils appearing on their lists overnight (on the computer where you get the names from), and then disappearing, other pupils not being on the screen etc, no-one answering the phone when you phoned to query things, sitting for 10mins on a premium rate line, and still no answer, no answers to emails etc, papers not delivered till a few days before the deadline....

MUM23ASD Thu 17-Jul-08 08:54:49

what particularily upsets me is that my ds1 has aspergers syndrome... and it was hinted that he'd get more TA help in yr10 'if' his sats results reflected his struggles that i keep telling them he has...particularily comprehension in literacy)

so what use is it to me if he gets a 'fantastic' (WRONG) result for literacy? Yes, in another life i'd love my son to get top marks.... but when my son getting the help he needs at school depends on a TRUE result...well this just makes me furious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now