Talk

Advanced search

H & S silliness. Entire school holiday club 'parent handbook'- but no practical info at all!

(2 Posts)
teslagirl Tue 15-Jul-08 12:49:04

I DO feel sorry for the folk who have to compile all this nonsense, the 14 page brochure I have to sign for as 'read' which contains page after page of what the second and third stages of their discipline and exclusions policy are, a copy of their hygiene inspection (in order to pour out a couple of glasses of orange squash), their SEN and G&T policies- all well and worthy, I'm sure but for 2 days over the entire holidays so my DSs can slap some paint around and watch a couple of DVDs whilst I work?

.......BUT there is no mention at all in the entire parent pack about what I have to supply! Spare this and that? Art coveralls? Indoor/outdoor shoes? Wellies? What snacks do I send, which are supplied? What is the basic structure of the day? What's their emergency contact number?

A classic example of "Missing The Point" but "Covering Rear-ends in the Event of a Problem", I suspect.

Whizzz Thu 17-Jul-08 10:28:48

To be fair that isn't health & safety as such but good practice to inform all of their policies & procedures. I'd be pretty impressed at that level of info to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now