Talk

Advanced search

Good Book for a trainee teacher

(8 Posts)
Dynamicnanny Sun 13-Jul-08 23:35:03

It is my friends birthday soon and she is jsut completing her last year of her Teaching Qualification and should be a fully fledged teacher the Academic year 2009 - I was hoping to buy her a book she can use; eg displays, topic books etc - what books would you reccomend, and do you use a lot

cornsilk Sun 13-Jul-08 23:37:33

'Getting the buggers to behave' is good.
'Belair' do lots of nice books with displays in for all different subjects - Amazon sell a good selection.

kiskidee Sun 13-Jul-08 23:59:15

seconding cornsilk. will be better than giving her a book about displays. it may well save her sanity.

Dynamicnanny Mon 14-Jul-08 07:29:24

Will look into displays - is there really a book saying getting the buggers to behave?

AbbeyA Mon 14-Jul-08 07:34:28

Getting the Buggers to Behave is by Sue Cowley. Belair books are excellent for ideas and display.

AbbeyA Mon 14-Jul-08 07:39:46

Jenny Mosely and Sue Palmer are good-look up on Amazon. Reading it properly I see that you want a birthday present. I would go for a Belair one-they should be in the Education section of a book shop.

Blandmum Mon 14-Jul-08 07:51:36

Get her a 'Things to do today' jotter (Flipover books) from the staionary department of WH Smiths

Dynamicnanny Mon 14-Jul-08 17:48:39

Thank you for all your ideas - will go and have a look in Waterstones and WhSmiths tomorrow grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now