Talk

Advanced search

London state primary what ARE htey like?

(11 Posts)
Cod Sun 13-Jul-08 16:27:13

Message withdrawn

frogs Sun 13-Jul-08 16:30:15

Not at my dc's inner-london primary schools either, cod (3 schools in total).

Cod Sun 13-Jul-08 16:30:42

Message withdrawn

singersgirl Sun 13-Jul-08 18:32:30

Not at our school, either.

Miggsie Sun 13-Jul-08 18:33:41

DD's primary is lovely

jennifersofia Sun 13-Jul-08 18:37:00

Not at either of ours

frogs Sun 13-Jul-08 18:39:28

Rough or just crap head.

Friend moved dc from our toughish school to church school in nice leafy rural area. Younger child was beaten up three times in a week in the new, desirable school. School did nothing.

Can happen anywhere I think. But most odd of the parents to think it's okay.

reethi96 Sun 13-Jul-08 18:41:03

It can happen anywhere. I know of someone who has recently removed her sons from a very oversubscribed school in a middle class area because her 6 year old was beaten up and the school tried to sweep it under the carpet.

artichokes Sun 13-Jul-08 18:47:29

not near us.
but i went to school in rural devon and myths abounded about being beaten up. nobody ever was but that did not affect the myth.

mimsum Sun 13-Jul-08 19:16:19

how old is he? I happened to overhear ds1 talking about his old state primary to some of his friends at his new private secondary who'd had sheltered upbringing at prep schools - he made it sound like south central LA grin when actually it was a lovely mainly middle class primary in leafy suburb - granted with a couple of 'problem' families but no violence problem at all

he'd realised the other boys had strange ideas about state primaries and was trying to get some street cred by pandering to the myths ... hmm

lostinfrance Sun 13-Jul-08 19:23:17

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now