(20 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spudmasher Thu 10-Jul-08 18:22:40

2a/ 3c I think.

spudmasher Thu 10-Jul-08 18:22:54

3c.

spudmasher Thu 10-Jul-08 18:25:17

They are supposed to make 2 sub levels of progress a year so have a look at where he was last year and check that he was 2a last year and he will have made expected progress.

spudmasher Thu 10-Jul-08 18:27:26

Well then he has made excellent progress this year and should be taken out for a treat. grin A big deal should be made of such an effort!

spudmasher Thu 10-Jul-08 18:28:58

He has!!! What will you do?

spudmasher Thu 10-Jul-08 18:32:16

Absolutely. Make sure you tell all your family how well he is doing so they can all congratulate him too and his self esteem will soar!

lljkk Thu 10-Jul-08 18:40:19

Wow, is this common? do other people reward their primary age DC for good reports/SAT improvement?

I feel like I'd rather be low key, just say "I'm glad you've done well" and leave it at that. If I make too big a fuss of the big improvement one child might do, what do I say if they don't improve so much the next year, or if another child is much slower to progress.

chirpycherrycake Thu 10-Jul-08 19:01:39

Yep I always give treats for good reports, they are generally such good children, so why not reward them? Just books this time, but they're v appreciative.

RubyRioja Thu 10-Jul-08 19:02:12

I plan to beat my daughter for idleness so I think that compensates for any that are rewarded.

smartiejake Thu 10-Jul-08 20:57:42

Actually they are only expected to make one third of a level between year 2 and 3.

There is quite a discrepancy between the levelling in year 2 and 3. If he has made a whole level between year 2 and 3 he's done brilliantly!

essexgel Thu 17-Jul-08 21:51:27

We have received school report and yr 3's are expected to be in the green (2a-3c)...ds scored 2b's for english and maths. Do I panic?
3c for reading?
Do I cancel the holiday and enrol him in bootcamp for 6 weeks?!

adelicatequestion Sat 19-Jul-08 14:14:30

We're all off to the cinema tonight as a reward for good school reports all round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now