Talk

Advanced search

Teachers: Add your embarrassing lesson scenarios here.

(8 Posts)
kiskidee Wed 09-Jul-08 12:36:41

Me first:

I teach in an all boys' comp.

One day a Yr 11 got out of his seat, picked up something off the floor, walked slowly and confidently towards me, saying loudly and clearly: 'Miss, I think this belongs to you.'

It was a tampon.

iheartdusty Wed 09-Jul-08 12:38:39

your response: 'thanks J, do you know what it is?'

at worst he then says: 'yes miss, for when you are on the rag'

you then reply; 'well done, J, your girl friends will appreciate you one day.'

kiskidee Wed 09-Jul-08 12:41:24

I think all i could muster was: Thanks! I was wondering where that went. With a big grin but still think 'oh no' inside.

jamescagney Wed 09-Jul-08 12:50:43

Totally true.
I was teaching in a mixed school. the kids were 16/17, nice bunch. They were fairly hyped up after lunch so we had a relaxing lead in to the lesson. I walked around the class, speaking to the children individually and noticed that they were getting more and more hysterical. Some were crying with laughter. I leaned back against my desk saying calm down, what's got in to you all?

I had my zip down, and big white silky knickers poking out the zip. blush

I gave out to the girls for not telling me - and it was hilarious but I did think that parents would think I was a perv!!

Blandmum Wed 09-Jul-08 16:31:11

I once taught a group of 16 year olds the anatomy of the heart.

I explained how you must first examine the outside of the heart to see the external anatomy and the coronary arteries that supply the heart muscle itself with blood.

I then explained how you find the major vessels, and that you should put your finger inside and feel where the vessels lead. Which they did.

What I had forgotten is that the inside of the heart is ridged muscle and to a hormone charged boy feels just like the inside of the vagina.

Cue utter hysteria from them and me! grin

Whizzz Wed 09-Jul-08 17:14:16

I (as a TA) got the job of telling a male teacher that his flies were undone - three Year 9 girls had noticed. It took me three attempts as the first two times I started laughing before I got to the front of the class & had to turn it into a walk round the class. He went SO red!

ChopsTheDuck Wed 09-Jul-08 17:23:49

i'm not a teacher, but my driving instructor was also a diving instructor. He told me about a lesson where he was trying to help a teenage pupil's technique and he ended up shouting to her, 'X, I want you to give me more HEAD!' The lesson dissolved after that. grin

procrastinatingparent Wed 09-Jul-08 17:29:03

Teaching a class of 14 year old girls, I wrote public on the board but forgot the 'l'. I only noticed when they were suspiciously quiet, and had to find an excuse to clean the board rapidly. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now