Talk

Advanced search

Hulababy

(16 Posts)
hercules Sun 30-Jan-05 21:50:49

How's it going?
I am feeling down as by posting on the insurance thread it's reminded me how much I enjoyed working in insurance and seeing the celebrity teachingshow earlier and listening to their comments made me sad.

How does it feel leaving?

hercules Sun 30-Jan-05 22:05:49

bump before i go to bed.

Hulababy Sun 30-Jan-05 22:10:04

It feels good I handed my notice in last week but I still will have to be there till Easter. As I only do 2 days a week there, I am now down to 12 working days to deal with. I still hate going in and I am feeling very stressed out, but I'll get there.

I really had gotten to the point where I had to leave - I was making myself ill - stress, bad psorais, heart palpatations, feeling so down Partly as we are selling house at same time, but primarily due to the job. Not helping with TTC either obviously.

I couldn't watch the TV programme as i knew how it would make me feel.

I am going to go to the prison 3 days a week whatever at easter - either in the job I am applying for if I get it, or just teaching. Still don't think it will be for years and years, but I don't believe that I will ever go back to school teaching now. Had enough for a very long time.

Maybe once we are settled, and have 2 children - maybe youngest about to go to school, and hopefully DH had made equity partnership - I will look for an alternative. I still have no idea what yet - but I fancy working with very young children or SN young children. Not sure yet.

Sorry you are feeling down Do you have any long term views or plans? Do you think teaching will be your long eterm thing?

Hulababy Sun 30-Jan-05 22:10:42

Sorry - I missed this earlier as had nipped off to grab a drink and was looking through last day threads!

Hulababy Sun 30-Jan-05 22:12:21

I will be around tommorrow and most evenings this week if you fancy a chat about it. Or feel free to e-mail me or MSN.

Take care

hercules Sun 30-Jan-05 22:12:39

I feel different from day today - the highs are great and the lows.....
Tbh I hate the thought of giving up holiday time with my own kids. I love the freedom of doing stuff together.

Glad to see things are working out for you

Hulababy Sun 30-Jan-05 22:13:58

hercules, thanks

That's why the prison is good right now. 12 week's holiday, taken when I want it. And there are very flexible. Once DD is at school I will review the situation again, but it won't be school teaching again.

hercules Sun 30-Jan-05 22:16:49

Wow, that's brilliant!

Thanks as well

tigermoth Mon 31-Jan-05 07:18:35

I completely missed the news that you were giving up teaching in schools for now. Didn't realise you were so stressed out about it

Hope things work out.

Hulababy Mon 31-Jan-05 08:38:10

Thanks tigermoth.

I only decided fully just over a week ago, butit is the right decision. Decided to put me first fora while

batters Mon 31-Jan-05 09:32:17

Gosh, Hulababy, I too missed this thread.

Really glad you have recognised that you are so stressed because of work and have decided to do something so positive about it. I really hope though (she says selfishly!) that you'll continue to contribute to the education threads, as a parent I always find it really useful to get a teacher's point of view on things. Good luck!

chocfreeclary Mon 31-Jan-05 17:35:05

yeah hula, I had missed that you had decided to quit teachign in school.
Actually thought the other day that I hadn't seen you posting for a while and hoped you were OK. Not on cod's dieters thread any more? You were a bit of an inspiration to me!!
good luck with the work decision anyway, hope it goes well.

Hulababy Mon 31-Jan-05 21:58:45

Hi and thanks for the words of support. It is the right decision and I feel better for having made it.

I have just finished writing my application for the Advisor's job at the prison, so fingers crossed.

I suspect you won't get rid of me that easy from the Education threads ;) and I will still be in Education one way or the other - just teaching inmates instead of school kids. Less discipline problems

I will get back on the weight loss. Well I am still trying and have lost weight each week. Only half pound last week as had big all expenses paid night out, and have a ball this weekend! But I have been feeling pretty down and haven't really been focusing on the diet stuff too much. What with selling/buying house, TTC and all this work stuff I haven't known whether I am coming or going at times. Still don't at times...but at least I can see the light at the end - March 17th is the end I think I will get through it till then - even if I hate each Tuesday and Wednesday until then. 12 working days left...and counting.

I will try and do the food diaries and weight loss again after this weekend and the Ball is out of the way Promise!

Gobbledigook Mon 31-Jan-05 22:15:23

Hey Hulababy, I didn't know you were leaving either!

So glad you've taken positive steps to make life better. My best friend was really, really struggling with teaching too and gave up at the end of last summer and she hasn't looked back.

I don't know how you do it - especially those working in more 'challenging' schools. My friends school was on special measures and the work she was doing out of her 3 days in school was bloody ridiculous.

Didn't realise you were a teacher hercules - what do you teach?

Hulababy Mon 31-Jan-05 22:18:24

GGD - I am in similar position to your friend then. The school I am in is also in Special Measures. I do now only work 2 days a week (one day in the prison). I resigned last year but as rest of my department did I relented and went back 2 days. But it has gotten so much worse this year. Behaviour is awful and support from above is not there I have ben virtually in tears by the time I got home and my health has suffered recently - bad psorasis, return of my heart palpatations, run down, not sleeping. Had tod od something, so I have. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

And I think I am now over my guilt of leaving the other staff in it now.

Gobbledigook Mon 31-Jan-05 22:21:00

Absolutely Hulababy - you do what is right for you and the wellbeing of your family at the end of the day.

My friend was the same - she was soooo down everytime I saw her and she was literally sinking and feeling tremendous guilt for dealing with kids who didn't want teaching while putting her own 3 and 2 yr olds in nursery. She's a bit poorer now but waaay happier

It sounds like you find the prison teaching more rewarding which is great

Did you find another house in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now