Talk

Advanced search

looking at some prospective new schools tomorrow, quick advice please on what to ask?

(3 Posts)
firestorm Sun 16-Jan-05 20:10:41

we are hopefully moving area in time for new school year in september. my eldest dd will be 6 & in year 2 & my youngest dd will be 4 & starting in reception. my main concern is that my eldest daughter (who is very quiet & shy) is helped to settle into the new school & make friends as quickly as possible, dd2 will be fine anywhere as she has enough confidence for the both of them.
what questions should i ask to ensure that i get it right for my eldest? this will be a very hard time for them both as we are also moving areas.
i feel really guilty moving my eldest because she is now settled in her school & happy, but if they are to get a decent education & stand any chance of making something of their lives then this move must happen, & sooner rather than later.
also anything in particular i should look out for when going round the schools? luckily i will have my mum with me & im sure she will ask questions & notice stuff that i wont think of.
thanking you in anticipation.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Sun 16-Jan-05 20:12:45

If settling her in is your concern ask them how they will help her to do that. I asked various heads whether they thought the children had fun too, I think that's important. Their reaction to that question can tell you a lot imo.

zebra Sun 16-Jan-05 20:27:20

ASk about how they like to handle bullying... my middle child is very shy & I know she'll be susceptible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: