Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

looking at some prospective new schools tomorrow, quick advice please on what to ask?

(3 Posts)
firestorm Sun 16-Jan-05 20:10:41

we are hopefully moving area in time for new school year in september. my eldest dd will be 6 & in year 2 & my youngest dd will be 4 & starting in reception. my main concern is that my eldest daughter (who is very quiet & shy) is helped to settle into the new school & make friends as quickly as possible, dd2 will be fine anywhere as she has enough confidence for the both of them.
what questions should i ask to ensure that i get it right for my eldest? this will be a very hard time for them both as we are also moving areas.
i feel really guilty moving my eldest because she is now settled in her school & happy, but if they are to get a decent education & stand any chance of making something of their lives then this move must happen, & sooner rather than later.
also anything in particular i should look out for when going round the schools? luckily i will have my mum with me & im sure she will ask questions & notice stuff that i wont think of.
thanking you in anticipation.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Sun 16-Jan-05 20:12:45

If settling her in is your concern ask them how they will help her to do that. I asked various heads whether they thought the children had fun too, I think that's important. Their reaction to that question can tell you a lot imo.

zebra Sun 16-Jan-05 20:27:20

ASk about how they like to handle bullying... my middle child is very shy & I know she'll be susceptible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now