Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me find some WEATHER primary school resources

(12 Posts)
Mo2 Tue 11-Jan-05 16:34:17

I offered to help DS's school by sourcing some web resources/ ideas/ printables which they can use in the Reception (age 5) classes to discuss/learn about weather.

But I'm running out of time, and am meant to be working (at work!) at the moment.....

Can anyone find anything good for me?
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease......

SoupDragon Tue 11-Jan-05 16:43:09

some of these?

SoupDragon Tue 11-Jan-05 16:44:02

Maybe the weather recording sheet and the "clothes for all weathers" from that page?

Mo2 Tue 11-Jan-05 16:46:26

Ooh Soupy you are SOOOO good at these things - those look great. Are you sure you aren't a frustrated teacher really (masquerading as a SoupDragon)

SoupDragon Tue 11-Jan-05 16:52:58

Not at all. Just googled. I've not found anything else useful though. I thought one of the teachers started athread that had links to resources on so you might fins something there too.

SoupDragon Tue 11-Jan-05 16:54:03

Something they do at DS1s school is to find a story and use it as a jumping point for activities. If you can find an appropriate book with something weather based in it, you might be able to come up with activities to do that tie into the story.

SoupDragon Tue 11-Jan-05 16:54:47

this thread maybe?

SoupDragon Tue 11-Jan-05 16:55:13

Or this one

Mo2 Tue 11-Jan-05 16:58:10

Excellent - thank you my dear!

Cadbury Tue 11-Jan-05 17:32:39

I heard of an old collegue who did a whole weather or maybe materials and their properties (waterproof/warm/cool/etc) topic based around the book "Mr Wolfs Week". Its a different weather each day or something. Its been a long time

geogteach Tue 11-Jan-05 19:57:20

Staffordshire learning net have a fab geography section. I've used loads for secondary they are bound to have loads of ideas for primary too. They also have a message board used by teachers who may be able to suggest stuff they've used.

Hausfrau Tue 11-Jan-05 20:22:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now