Talk

Advanced search

putting dd's name down for nursery/school?

(5 Posts)
lilsmum Tue 11-Jan-05 13:36:54

i have been told by numerous friends/family to get dd's name down for school/nursery asap, she's almost one.there is a particular school i would like her to go to, i went into the school and i was told that they dont allow you to put names down anymore that you just have to wait until the year before they are due to start and they send you a form etc out...is this right? or were they just trying to fob me off? if this is the case then surely i wont really have a say in the matter?

jellyhead Tue 11-Jan-05 13:40:35

That is how it is in my area the county council send out application packs for nursery and schools and you can only apply then.
Have you looked at your local council's website which should give you the dates you can apply.

lilsmum Tue 11-Jan-05 13:43:46

no, i havent actually. thanks will have a look now xx

JulieF Tue 11-Jan-05 14:42:42

That sounds right lilsmum. Some nurseries do have waiitng lists, but primary schools have to allocate places according to a set of published criteria, based mostly on where you live. Each year they set a date for applications and allocate places according to the criteria.

lowcalCOD Tue 11-Jan-05 14:43:27

makes no diff all start at an equal playing field the year of admissions
its a common held myth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now