Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with kids at KS2 this may be of interest...

(5 Posts)
unicorn Mon 10-Jan-05 17:41:13

cheap books

Looks quite a good deal to me, as DK books are usually very good.

roisin Mon 10-Jan-05 18:23:09

It is a good set unicorn, but I wouldn't encourage anyone to join BfC. I got our set of these from The Book People recently.

Personally I've had bad experiences with BFC - they seem to have a limited range of titles, and once your initial offer is over they are more expensive than other 'clubs'. You are also tied into a commitment to buy a certain number of books, and I've been disappointed with their service

unicorn Mon 10-Jan-05 18:58:07

eek... got carried away with the cheapness of it all...
oh dear, hope I can get out of it somehow...
teach me to not read all the small print!

Yurtgirl Mon 10-Jan-05 19:50:35

Message withdrawn

rosielee Tue 11-Jan-05 17:41:38

Bfc were recently exposed on a Radio 4 programme, probably You and Yours, I can't remember. They said poor customer service was a temporary blip (tho there were plenty of unhappy customers saying otherwise)so if you can't get out of the deal, just intimate you might contact Radio 4 whenever you have a problem. The advice given in the programme was, I think, to keep careful records of all correspondence - trouble is, for me that was part of the problem when I was a member - just too much paperwork to keep up with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now