Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone here prepared to say that they believe in anthroposophy?

(144 Posts)
Greensleeves Wed 23-Apr-08 13:12:00

There's been so much conjecture about it/testimony from parents etc who had negative experiences of Waldorf education, or who say that they weren't aware of anthroposophy/the esoteric spiritual side of Steiner.

What I haven't seen (apologies if I missed it!) is someone come on and say "yes, I am an anthroposophist, come and ask me questions and I will clarify how it works"

Anyone? I would be really, really, interested.

Greensleeves Wed 23-Apr-08 13:22:50

blueshoes Wed 23-Apr-08 13:30:06

Thebee? But he is not a parent.

I don't believe in it. Bump

Jackstini Wed 23-Apr-08 13:31:51

I don't know what it is! blush

Greensleeves Wed 23-Apr-08 13:36:41

it's the 'philosophy' behind Steiner Waldorf education.

we could have a much more interesting and informative debate about it if someone who subscribes to it could come forward and discuss it!

Fennel Wed 23-Apr-08 13:57:05

You will have to go and ask at a Steiner school open day. Or go to their toddler group. (DBIL goes. They make bread. And follow set routines each week and the leader cries if people don't join in enough).

i would join the discussion but am too busy sourcing school run frocks and menu planning wink

Greensleeves Wed 23-Apr-08 16:57:26

I will go to an open day, if you come with me grin

francagoestohollywood Wed 23-Apr-08 17:08:21

Have you got an open day frock?

pania Wed 23-Apr-08 17:22:39

his is OT but what does the "Waldorf" in Waldorf Steiner refer to? Was Waldorf an actual person?

policywonk Wed 23-Apr-08 17:26:18

I ain't even prepared to spell it.

Beetroot Wed 23-Apr-08 17:30:57

isn't Waldorf the name of his first school in Germany?

Fennel Wed 23-Apr-08 17:31:59

I have BEEN to a Steiner open day. I'd go again, it was interesting. They have them at May day. Festival of spring etc. We went through floral arches.

It would be an Open Day Smock, actually. Or Tunic. grin. Not in black.

francagoestohollywood Wed 23-Apr-08 17:42:59

A smock, of course grin.

marmadukescarlet Wed 23-Apr-08 17:46:48

No logos and no bright colours or synthetic fabric - really SIL is a Steiner nursery teacher (and a bit bonkers alternative, before you ask!) and she is only allowed to wear certain things.

mrz Wed 23-Apr-08 18:09:53

pania The first school was set up in the Waldorf Astoria factory in Stuttgart according to google

pania Wed 23-Apr-08 18:34:38

Thanks mrz smile.

northernrefugee39 Thu 24-Apr-08 13:27:03

No anthroposophists then?
Shame.
But , as some of them believe Ahriman, the devil, communicates through the computer, they could have a legitimate excuse for not fessing up here.
I think thebee may have been banned.
he came back with a slightly different name and has gone again.

Yurtgirl Thu 24-Apr-08 15:17:12

Northern - I have been lurking on these threads because I dont want a fellow mn to figure out my identity - again!! (Oh so cloak and dagger ) I do think you and your anti anthro friends have been marvellous in explaining it all to us "lesser mortals"! I had links with steiner stuff for 3 years and didnt know almost any of the info you have posted.

If the bee really has been banned I am surprised that mn hq havent posted to explain all as it were.

northernrefugee39 Thu 24-Apr-08 16:09:30

Hi Yurt, gosh , that sounds mysteriousgrin almost as mysterious as a.a..a.. I just can't seem to get the word out.

We were spiritually in the dark for ages too. Poor us. There were inklings of beginning to direct us to the path at thebeginning.
the only thing I can say yurt, is that unless "they" deem you ready, you're aren't set on the road to spiritual purity. Shucks.

northernrefugee39 Thu 24-Apr-08 17:48:40

Yes, odd Veeerrryy odd, mmnnn now Yurt I'm ssuspicious, strokes chin,[hmn]
perhaps he's investigating some law suits[hmn] he's terribly important don't you know?
or trying to find out where we're posting now[hmn]
What parenting thread we're on[hmn]
that he doesn't know about[hmn]
spreading our tales of truth
all over the net [hmn]
to unsuspecting *initiates8 who could be SAVED by THEBEE to a life of eternal water colour silk, rounded edges and GNOMES

northernrefugee39 Thu 24-Apr-08 17:49:38

Not one of my hmms came out! SOB

northernrefugee39 Thu 24-Apr-08 18:53:32

Barking, watch that hair near the candle won't you?

Is bf a breast feeding thread? I'm sure thebee would fit in there!grin

barking Thu 24-Apr-08 19:17:24

Hi Northern smile the little dusty gnomes will protect me!
Yes bf is breastfeeding. This guy was being really pedantic and quoted back - it rang a few bells...

northernrefugee39 Thu 24-Apr-08 19:35:49

Yes, silly of me!
Yurt thinks if he's gone mn tower would have said something.
On ANOTHER thread about steiner, trying to make a Steiner section so they can hide it, someone asked to get rid of him for being scary.

barking Thu 24-Apr-08 19:37:54

trying to make a Steiner section so they can hide it
No ho capito?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »