Talk

Advanced search

any teachers that became ed psychs?

(6 Posts)
hana Wed 19-Mar-08 18:01:19

am sen teacher, have been for ages now, and am getting bored - love my job but its just the same same same. love studying and researching (I know I know) and have been thinking about this lately. Has anyone become ed psych after working as a teacher? curious , but just at thinking stage of what else could I do. can't imagine teaching for the next however many years..

TheFallenMadonna Wed 19-Mar-08 18:02:29

Bear in mind that it is a long process, unless you already have a psych degree. You will need one of those, and a three-year doctorate.

hana Wed 19-Mar-08 18:04:53

have bsc bed and msc already, not psych. think I need to talk to admissions. first 2 degrees are not uk either.

I need a doctorate first? though that came second
are you an ed psych madonna?

hana Wed 19-Mar-08 18:05:15

med not msc

TheFallenMadonna Wed 19-Mar-08 18:08:54

Not an EdPsych.

You need to do a BPS accredited psychology course. You could do a graduate conversion course as you already have a degree. Then you would need to apply for a doctorate in Educational Psychology.

BPS info here

hana Wed 19-Mar-08 18:15:54

cheers for that
excellent - will have a read later. think my MEd is one of accredited courses (was at IoE) thought of not having to teach for the rest of my years has me quite excited now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: