Talk

Advanced search

Help, help How can I make a furry white cat costume for next week's blasted I mean superb Book Day? (Don't know why I have put this in Education)

(7 Posts)
slowreader Fri 28-Sep-07 19:09:54

Because I can't think of anything.

Bluestocking Fri 28-Sep-07 19:12:38

White longsleeved T-shirt, white leggings or tights, white fur fabric tail, white fur fabric ears on a headband or a white fur fabric hood with ears. Paint cat nose and whiskers on face.

slowreader Fri 28-Sep-07 20:07:51

But what happens in the middle of a cat?
And paws?

Hedwig was the other option. Do you think that would be easier?

Bluestocking Fri 28-Sep-07 20:10:51

What happens in the middle of a cat? That is like a koan. Seriously, I think as long as the child is dressed in white and has some gesture towards tail, ears and whiskers, no-one will quibble. You could make fur fabric paws if you felt that way inclined.

Sunshinemummy Fri 28-Sep-07 20:13:08

Make a mask for the face and ears out of cardboard. A long white sock stuffed with newspaper for the tail.

Bink Fri 28-Sep-07 20:20:59

I got some metres of cheapo white marabou from a haberdashery - sewed it round the neck, sleeves & hem of a white t-shirt, round the ends of a pair of white kneelength legging things (both t-shirt & leggings from H&M bargain section), with a doubled-over length of marabou attached to seat of said leggings. White cat face-mask (made of foam, 99p) from Claire's Accessories - they always have them.

I made this about two years ago and it gets worn, and worn, and lent to keen dressing-up visiting friend, and worn, and ...

PS I can't do much more than sew on buttons, & for attaching the marabou all I had to do is make little wide-spaced catching stitches. Took me about an hour all in.

slowreader Fri 28-Sep-07 20:23:09

Thank you BStocking I thought for a minute a koan was a l furry central feline feature.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now