Talk

Advanced search

Help, help How can I make a furry white cat costume for next week's blasted I mean superb Book Day? (Don't know why I have put this in Education)

(7 Posts)
slowreader Fri 28-Sep-07 19:09:54

Because I can't think of anything.

Bluestocking Fri 28-Sep-07 19:12:38

White longsleeved T-shirt, white leggings or tights, white fur fabric tail, white fur fabric ears on a headband or a white fur fabric hood with ears. Paint cat nose and whiskers on face.

slowreader Fri 28-Sep-07 20:07:51

But what happens in the middle of a cat?
And paws?

Hedwig was the other option. Do you think that would be easier?

Bluestocking Fri 28-Sep-07 20:10:51

What happens in the middle of a cat? That is like a koan. Seriously, I think as long as the child is dressed in white and has some gesture towards tail, ears and whiskers, no-one will quibble. You could make fur fabric paws if you felt that way inclined.

Sunshinemummy Fri 28-Sep-07 20:13:08

Make a mask for the face and ears out of cardboard. A long white sock stuffed with newspaper for the tail.

Bink Fri 28-Sep-07 20:20:59

I got some metres of cheapo white marabou from a haberdashery - sewed it round the neck, sleeves & hem of a white t-shirt, round the ends of a pair of white kneelength legging things (both t-shirt & leggings from H&M bargain section), with a doubled-over length of marabou attached to seat of said leggings. White cat face-mask (made of foam, 99p) from Claire's Accessories - they always have them.

I made this about two years ago and it gets worn, and worn, and lent to keen dressing-up visiting friend, and worn, and ...

PS I can't do much more than sew on buttons, & for attaching the marabou all I had to do is make little wide-spaced catching stitches. Took me about an hour all in.

slowreader Fri 28-Sep-07 20:23:09

Thank you BStocking I thought for a minute a koan was a l furry central feline feature.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: