Talk

Advanced search

can anyone help me about university transfer pleassssseeee

(4 Posts)
omotunde Thu 20-Sep-07 13:37:07

I need to find out what university i can apply to that will allow me to do just one module and get a qualification for my nursing course. I completed my three years of training only to find out that i failed one module after resitting it. during my final resit, i had a miscarriage but did not tell anyone about it in uni but when i tried to request for another chance, i was told that i should have made the uni aware of this during the exam and not after. i was told to leave the course without any qualification. I've contacted several universities and they will not give me the chance to transfer to them and finish off my course. i don't even mind if i have to do 6months more than normal. As a single parent i struggled to make something of my life and now i feel like i've been denied the chance to have a future. if anyone can help me. sort something out or point me into the right direction, iwill appreciate it

Peachy Thu 20-Sep-07 13:44:57

Gosh, we're allowed to apply for exemption after the event- students with 9say) depression often need some time to get their heads around the fact they have a problem or just time to motivate themselves.

if you can get a list (I don't know how it works these days- used to be UKCC but is tit UCAS now for nursing as well as usual degrees?) of courses you could try a blanker e-mailing. If you don't get the result you want, have a think about how best you can use your module credits- you may fins that a related cours4e (eg social care) will allow you to transfer a number of those credits to their course, whihc may not be exactly what you want, but means you can move forwards.

omotunde Thu 20-Sep-07 13:56:27

thanx peachy, can i just ask you something, my university will not even me my transcript to present to other universities, I was told to get the university to request it directly from them. which i'm sure not one of them is prepared to do. there is a part of me that there is more to this story that i was not told. if only i can get my hands on it. i will know what exactly is going on.

Peachy Thu 20-Sep-07 14:39:17

I am pretty sure that its illegal (check this in the legal threads pehaps?) for them to hold data on you without you beng able to have a copy- so this shouldn't be an issue. Check it out first, but if needed request a copy of your file under data protection if needs be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now