Talk

Advanced search

What do you do when an appeals been turned down?

(6 Posts)
adelicatequestion Tue 11-Sep-07 21:50:53

Short story

DS at school 30 yds from front door.
DD can;t get in - school is full. Going to school 15 minute drive away

Appeal has been turned down - gutted.

what can i do next?

ladymuck Tue 11-Sep-07 22:00:05

Waiting list or home ed. Are you transferring in? I would have expected that with a sibling there and given your proximity your dd would have got in in a reception year.

adelicatequestion Tue 11-Sep-07 22:00:56

Transferring in . Yr 1 is full.

pooka Tue 11-Sep-07 22:03:29

That's rotten news for you. Am amazed that as a sibling and given the proximity you haven't got in.
I would imagine that you'd be right at the top of the waiting list though, so perhaps it might be worthwhile bearing with it until a place comes up. How old is your dd? Is she in INfants or Juniors? Because there's often more flexibility in Juniors.
Appeals seem so unpredicatble. I know that someone got into my local school because they couldn't drive (to the next school, 20mins walk away hmm). We're 14th on the waiting list, so realistically know that there's no chance.

wheresthehamster Tue 11-Sep-07 22:09:21

Start at the other school
Stay on the waiting list. You should be top or near the top. Keep in touch with the school office.

roisin Tue 11-Sep-07 22:18:25

Make sure the school and the LEA know that you want to stay on the waiting list, and that you are willing to move her at any point should a place arrive. Phone them (in friendly fashion) and confirm it in writing.

What are your circumstances? Are you SAHM? Is it in an area of high mobility? i.e. is it at all likely that a place will come up?

Would you consider doing HE for up to a year to wait and see if a place will come up?

How old is ds and what are the practicalities of having two in separate schools?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now