Talk

Advanced search

Can any junior school teachers give me some advice?

(10 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaloryTowersJudgyJudgyJudgy Tue 11-Sep-07 19:17:01

MaloryTowersJudgyJudgyJudgy Tue 11-Sep-07 19:19:06

ChipButty Tue 11-Sep-07 19:21:18

See the teacher first. If you have no joy, see the Head. If you have no joy, contact the Chair of Governors.

If your issue is regarding the teacher then it would be unfair of you to go over his/her head before talking it through. Imagine how you would feel in his/her position.

Good luck. (I am a teacher BTW)

oldwomanwholivedinashoe Tue 11-Sep-07 19:22:58

details????

cece Tue 11-Sep-07 20:19:52

teaching assistants do sometimes administer assessments, depends what it is, and also the level of training they have had.

rapunzelle Thu 13-Sep-07 12:05:11

I'm a teacher. Reading books are always an issue at the beginning of term, children don't stay in the same place during the long summer holiday (some move 'forwards' other 'backwards') and it can take a few weeks to really get to know the individuals in your class and set appropriate texts. However, it is not unreasonable to expect some liasion - passing of records between an infant & junior school.

Yes, teaching assistants often carry out assessments, depending on typpe of assessment and the experience & training of the TA. However, the teacher should analyse them and it is their responsibility to ensure that the information is then used effectively and to enhance/support learning.

I agree with the route of talking to your teacher first and then if the issues aren't resolved or are of a whole school policy nature make an appointment to meet with the Head. I would be aware that you may be putting the Infant Head in a difficult posisition with her colleagues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now