Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are there gov't incentives for businesses to "adopt a school"??

(4 Posts)
purpleduck Tue 11-Sep-07 12:23:54

Hi!! Does anyone out there know if there are any government incentives for businesses etc to sponsor a school? hmm I was in the shower the other day, and i thought " wouldn't it be easier if 1 or 2 businesses sponsored our school, than trying to get loads of little things from alot of businesses" (for pta fetes etc). It must drive them crazy!. Is this already possible?

purpleduck Tue 11-Sep-07 16:49:19

bump!

Ellbell Tue 11-Sep-07 16:49:38

If you go for trust status (which the government is pushing) then you can nominate 'partners', who can be businesses (but also, e.g., HEIs or other institutions who can help the school in ways which are not necessarily financial - e.g. through sharing of expertise/equipment). But trust status is not necessarily a good thing. The school of which I'm a parent governor is talking about it atm, but for us (an infant school) the question-marks seem to outweigh the benefits. It might be better for a secondaries though. Google 'trust schools' and see what you can find out.

purpleduck Tue 11-Sep-07 22:38:08

Thanks ellbell!!! Will do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now