Talk

Advanced search

I was so proud of DD today :)

(10 Posts)
Hulababy Tue 04-Sep-07 17:45:49

She went back to school today - second year. Last week we bumped into a little girl and er family at the shoe shop - turned out the little girl would be starting in DD's class this year, having done a year elsewhere. Little girl was very shy and a bit nervous.

We chatted with DD - who herself can be very shy at times - about how it might feel for the ew girl joining her class, and how she and her friends right be able to help her out. And she went to Sunday School with a friend this week who picked up on a similar topic about new friendhsips.

Well this morning DD was lovely. When we got to shool she saw the new girl holiding her teacher's hand. DD got rid of her stuff - i.e. dumped them on me to sort out, lol! She then went over to the new girl and said hello, and told her teacher how she had met her. DD then asked the new girl if she new where they had to put thier pencil cases in the new classroom, as she knew the other girl had already done this. She then went off hand in hand with the new girl to sort her things out. DD then asked the new girl if she would like to play outside int he playground together, and off they went.

Apparantly the teacher noticed all this and praised DD She even got a sticker and a special job of being the new girl's special friend this week to help her out if she needs it.

I was really proud of the way she did this. It seemed a really grown up, kind thing to do, especially for a little girl (she's 5) who isn't always that confident in new situations herself.

What a lovely feeling for me as a mummy

nell12 Tue 04-Sep-07 17:49:34

you obv have a lovely dd smile

Feel all proud for you!!!!

Kaz33 Tue 04-Sep-07 17:50:25

Thats lovely, you should feel very proud of your DD (and yourself)

In my son's class there are three new boys starting (yr 2) -I'd be amazed if he did that sad

stleger Tue 04-Sep-07 17:55:17

A few years ago my 3 kids spent a term at a school in England. They can all remember the name of the special friend who looked after them on Day One!

RTKangaMummy Tue 04-Sep-07 18:38:16

DEFFO BRILL that is lovely of her

smilesmilesmile

princessmel Tue 04-Sep-07 18:40:57

Thats lovely. smile smile My ds is like this sometimes and its so nice to see.

HonoriaGlossop Tue 04-Sep-07 18:50:20

Aww, well done to her - what a lovely girl. It's such a nice thing when they show empathy like this.

You should be proud, enjoy that feeling!

Hope she enjoys this year at school - I can't believe the holidays are over already shock

Hulababy Tue 04-Sep-07 19:52:58

Thanks all

She was all smiles after school and loved the new party dress I had bought for her - we have a wedding this weekend. It is beautiful though.

SparklePrincess Tue 04-Sep-07 21:00:06

Bless her. What a lovely little girl you have there Hula. smile

mummytojess Tue 04-Sep-07 21:11:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: