Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Who else's kids are heading back tomorrow for first day?

(16 Posts)
KerryMum Sun 02-Sep-07 17:11:00

My two boys are. Including ds2's first day of school! sad

Have no idea how I'm going to get everything organized.

I HATE those plastic book covers!

lljkk Sun 02-Sep-07 17:12:10

Mine go back Tuesday and I'm dreading it. Just been such a lazy summer, I'm really not mentally prepared to crank things up and get back on the daily treadmill.

KerryMum Sun 02-Sep-07 17:14:04

I've been trying for 2 weeks to get them to sleep earlier than 10 -11 p.m. to no avail. I've no idea how I'll get them up tomorrow.

Plus all the extra-curricular things start up again!

It was so nice not having to do much for 2 months.

TnOgu Sun 02-Sep-07 17:21:18

I still have 2 text books to buy and cover.

I only had the 8 weeks to get sorted and I'm still doing it all at the last minute.

Blandmum Sun 02-Sep-07 17:23:17

Mine are back tomorrow, and I have an INSET

KerryMum Sun 02-Sep-07 18:12:52

What's an inset?

Tnogu - Only two? I've got about 10!

shock

Plus all the labels, ironing, etc. I'll be up all night!

scienceteacher Sun 02-Sep-07 18:27:27

Inset is In-service training for teachers, as opposed to ITT, initial teacher training.

It has also been referred to as Baker Days.

We have three days of Inset at my school, which is a mix of personal planning, departmental meetings and school training. Our training, for example, includes something about a new assessment tracking system, and something to do with Catholic schools' initiatives.

Lucycat Sun 02-Sep-07 18:36:19

Is that 3 days over the year or this week?

I'm sure we have 5....

scienceteacher Sun 02-Sep-07 18:37:26

Private school, so we don't stick to five. I think we have more like 10 days of directed, non-contact time.

Lucycat Sun 02-Sep-07 18:38:58

aah I don't have to do all mine anyway as I'm part time..... grin

as from tomorrow...gulp!

Blandmum Sun 02-Sep-07 18:39:08

We have 5 but trade one for some persoal admin crap, and do one as after school (3 sessions)

Blandmum Sun 02-Sep-07 18:39:44

I don't do all of mine either Lucy. My HOD tips me the wink as to which are the most pointless and I miss them.

scienceteacher Sun 02-Sep-07 18:40:59

In a previous life, we had twilight training where you could trade a couple of 1.5 hour sessions into a regular inset day.

Lucycat Sun 02-Sep-07 18:42:09

dh does that and then trades it for the Friday before May Day - he then goes fishing hmm

JARM Sun 02-Sep-07 18:43:08

my dad is back tomorrow, but kids on wednesday.

Jessica has a meeting with her new nursery teacher on wednesday at 3pm to meet and greet.

Cant believe i will be DD1 free for 5 sessions a week - will be bliss!

Mercy Sun 02-Sep-07 18:45:00

dd starts Wednesday. It was meant to be tomorrow but the former HT did a cock-up with Inset days/no. of term days etc so it was changed in the last week of the summer term (great for working parents)

And ds starts nursery school (5 mornings) a week later.

Can't wait grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now