Talk

Advanced search

Starting back at school today!!

(9 Posts)
figleaf Mon 20-Aug-07 09:38:57

This is the first start of term that we have lived here in Scotland. My 2 little boys have just gone in for their first day of P2 and P6 (Y1 and Y5 in England). I`m stunned (as its August) and sad (always sad when they go back, even when it was Sep). Off to Tesco in a bit but just looking for/showing some solidarity with other Scottish Mumsnetters

nailpolish Mon 20-Aug-07 11:42:32

my dd1 started p1 last wednesday
i can see the playground from my kitchen window and when the bell goes for playtime i have to resist the temptation to stare out the window the whole 15minutes to make sure she has her coat on/has a friend to play with/eats her playpiece ok/etc etc etc etc

seb1 Mon 20-Aug-07 11:50:57

DD1 is back tomorrow. Figleaf how are you enjoying north of the border.

figleaf Mon 20-Aug-07 12:48:18

I know just how you feel nailpolish. If I could see the playground I'm afraid I would have to watch.

We are settling in finally thanks seb1. My youngest has had the hardest job but he has the same teacher for P2 that he had in P1 when we arrived here so that should help. I could do with a few more mummy mates but you cant have everything can you (and there is always Mnet)

Nemo2007 Mon 20-Aug-07 12:50:28

At this precise moment I would LOVE to be in scotland with schools back

figleaf Mon 20-Aug-07 12:59:15

I bet in 2 weeks Nemo you'll be missing thm like us Scottish Mnetters

Kaloo20 Mon 20-Aug-07 12:59:58

whats a playpiece ?

figleaf Mon 20-Aug-07 13:00:41

In England we called it Tuck. You know some crisps or a biscuit to snack on.

figleaf Mon 20-Aug-07 16:51:27

Both home and happy. No homework today so we can enjoy some of the sunshine we didn't get over the holidays.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: