Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever hired a maypole?!

(8 Posts)
Furzella Fri 17-Aug-07 15:39:01

We want to hire a maypole for our school Edwardian winter fair and I wondered if anyone knew where we could get hold of one - a bit random I know and not strictly education but I couldn't think where else to ask the question!!

Thanks!

RGPargy Fri 17-Aug-07 15:57:30

Had a quick google for you and found this:

www.tsttoys.com/

Not exactly for hire but it was the best i could find really! If you type in "maypole" in the search box on the left hand side of the page, you should be able to find the one that they sell for £100.

HTH!

Furzella Fri 17-Aug-07 16:21:15

Thanks RG. I'd had a google myself but hadn't come up with that - might be useful if we can't find one to hire. I'd rather not spend so much though, as it's really a fundraising event but I might be being over-optimistic...

Tamum Fri 17-Aug-07 16:23:02

<dying to know how many people on here actually have hired a maypole...>

We had one at our primary school. It's not worth emailing other local schools on the offchance, is it?

SaintGeorge Fri 17-Aug-07 16:54:59

Sorry for asking a daft question, but why a maypole at a winter fair? Maypoles are for errrr, May.

MMMaypole Sun 25-Feb-18 17:18:04

We have a Maypole for hire

MMMaypole Sun 25-Feb-18 17:18:47

We have a Maypole for hire at St Thomas Church Mellor

EduCated Mon 26-Feb-18 08:02:12

That’s lovely, but it was 11 years ago. I can’t imagine they need a maypole any more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: