Talk

Advanced search

Hampton 10 plus - is it worth doing?

(4 Posts)
TWmum28 Fri 04-Oct-19 21:50:47

Anyone out there had their DS do the Hampton 10 plus? Any regrets? Given the small changes of success did it knock confidence? Trying to decide what to do and can see pros and cons. Anyone with personal experience or views it would be great to hear them?

TWmum28 Fri 04-Oct-19 21:51:39

And of course I mean chances ... ! Thank god I don't have to do an English examsmile

Gingercat1223 Fri 04-Oct-19 22:19:34

There are lots of recent threads on this, just use it as practice, don't think about getting to interview stage.

hk1987 Sat 05-Oct-19 09:35:46

Unless your DS will get upset if he doesn't get a place you may as well as it's good practice.
DS did it last year and was lucky enough to get a place but he was very relaxed about it and wouldn't have been upset if he didn't. The whole process was well managed.
DD did KGS 10+ a few years ago and didn't get a place and was fine with that. It was really useful for her to sit an exam and made the 11+ process a little easier.
But DS has a friend who didn't get a 10+ place at another school and he was devastated so it does depend on the child. I think he had been really confident and his parents hadn't really explained the odds etc.
Good luck with whatever you decide!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »