Talk

Advanced search

Moving to new area (NW Essex) where do I start!!!!!

(2 Posts)
ClareL Tue 07-Aug-07 19:04:38

We are definitely going to be moving next year from South Essex to NW Essex. We are hoping to sell (or rent) our house and then move into rented accomodation in the NW Essex area. I have a DD (7) and a DS (3) but by next Sept will need a reception school place and a Yr 4 school place - preferably in the same school. How can I apply to schools if I am not living in the area - our move will probably be one that happens really quickly as mortgage on our house is really cheap and we can afford to pay rent on a house even if we haven't sold the one we live in. We didn't want to be in a position where we had to move and take DD our of school early - and it's too far to drive to/from for DD (school) and DS (school nursery. We thought it best to just put house on market May'ish 2008 and look for a rental house in July. I have to apply for my DD's reception place between Oct and Feb this year - but he will not be going to the local school - but I can't see me being able to apply for school places in NW Essex when I don't know for definite where we'll be living. Help!!!!!

Lilymaid Tue 07-Aug-07 20:36:26

If you are going to the Saffron Walden area, there is a long thread here. If the school is oversubscribed (and lots are in this area) you will have difficulty securing a school place without a confirmed address.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now