Talk

Advanced search

Intensive Interview for admin job?

(14 Posts)
twofishes Wed 18-Jul-07 21:56:36

Wow...had interview today for 15hr week admin job at local primary school., a full panel interview with Head, Deputy, Chair of Governors and Office Manager and a typing test !!..was expecting the test but the rest was wow!!!!is this normal ?

expatinscotland Wed 18-Jul-07 21:57:16

i think because it's in a school that's why.

HedwigtheWonderPet Wed 18-Jul-07 21:58:36

Jobs in schools are just so popular I guess they can afford to be demanding

Reallytired Wed 18-Jul-07 22:01:40

You did well to get an interview. School jobs like this are really sort after. At least with schools they are extremely swift to let you know if you have got the job.

twofishes Wed 18-Jul-07 22:03:00

yep true they said they will let me know either way by phone tomorrow at 5pm....so suppose can't complain !!..if I don't get it then at least I know what to expect next time!!!

saggermakersknockturnalley Wed 18-Jul-07 22:25:38

I had a phone interview first then was invited to school. Helped out that afternoon and that was it. Never felt less 'interviewed' in my life

saggermakersknockturnalley Wed 18-Jul-07 22:26:07

Should have said - Good Luck - hope you get it.

twofishes Mon 23-Jul-07 12:08:27

oh well I was 'unsuccessful'..ne'er mind

RedTartanLass Mon 23-Jul-07 12:15:57

twofishes their loss. Keep trying and to be honest, is that a place you would really like to work? Head, Deputy, Chair of Governors and Office Manager at interview. FGS Can you imagine what it would be like working there?

As I say, their loss and your lucky escape.

Keep trying, we should have a looking for a jib tread, to wish each other luck!! I've had 4 interviews recently and didn't get one

But hey ho, one step nearer to getting the job of my dreams

twofishes Mon 23-Jul-07 12:29:33

thank you redtartonlass i thought the same ..it's a bit disheartening though isn't it ?

RedTartanLass Mon 23-Jul-07 12:44:42

disheartening? It's like a punch in the stomach!! I'm an old pro when it comes to going to interviews, and every time I get a knock back it hurts like hell for anything to 30 seconds to 24 hours, depending how much I wanted the position.

Then I think, well actually it's their loss and move on to the next interview. I think the sectret is to always have another interview/application to fall back on.

"Well I didn't get that one, but hey I've just applied for/got an interview for blah blah blah"

RedTartanLass Mon 23-Jul-07 12:45:34

And I say again, deep down did you actually want to work there?

As I thought, NO WAY!!!

cornishpasty Mon 23-Jul-07 18:24:04

Had similar interview as you today for same 15 hrs at primary school. I didn't get it either. But i knew i had tough competition though - someone who already works at the school got it. She originally told me she wasn't applying for it and did all she could to help me - gave me some good tips etc. But then she went and put an application in at the last moment! Was told one thing that let me down was when they asked me what i would do when i was due to finish work if there was loads of things still to be done. I stupidly went down the helpful route and said i would be able to help out extra if it was needed but apparently they wanted someone who said they would go when their hours were up!! Like you say - it's their loss - i'm a bloody good worker!!

twofishes Mon 23-Jul-07 20:01:35

I know sometimes I think it's all down to giving the 'correct' answers to questions rather than whether you could do the job..I think my downfall was my answer to the ' why do you think you would be good at this job' to which I outlined my customer service and admin experience and skills..and then as the Head got up to shake my hand at the end I saw he had written next to the question 'answer: because I love working with children'...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now