Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

NC levels KS1

(9 Posts)
sphil Tue 10-Jul-07 20:56:55

Does anyone know of a website where there are descriptions of Levels 1a, 1b and 1c etc for KS1 pupils? Have searched archives and the only thing that comes up is the QCA website but that doesn't seem to have them.

nell12 Tue 10-Jul-07 21:04:49

Which subjects are you after?

sphil Tue 10-Jul-07 23:30:20

Literacy, numeracy and science mainly.

Heated Tue 10-Jul-07 23:36:50

I'll have a look but they are well hidden - even I (teacher) struggle to find the darn things on t'internet. They'll be suitably vague though!

sphil Wed 11-Jul-07 00:06:08

Thanks Heated - I'd be grateful.

Hallgerda Wed 11-Jul-07 07:42:38

I don't know of a website, but you might try taking a quick look at the help-your-child-at-home books in WH Smith - I had one of those which gave examples of different level essays. (Yes, I know this sort of information ought to be free on the web somewhere, but you don't actually need to buy the book )

whiskersonkittens Wed 11-Jul-07 20:55:51

this any good?

Heated Wed 11-Jul-07 21:51:35

The only site I can find with them is the National Curriculum Online but you have to click on each subject, and it lists levels 1-8 - implying that there is indeed natural progression in levels from primary school to secondary (hollow laugh as she remembers trying to explain to year 7 parents that it ain't necessarily so).

sphil Wed 11-Jul-07 22:33:39

Whiskers - have had a quick look and it looks good - thanks. Will look at NC Online site too.

Basically trying to find out why my son's attainment was listed as 'low' in most areas on his report when he seems to be at Level 1 in all of them (he's just finished Yr 1).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now