Talk

Advanced search

Twins going into year three, being seperated for the first time

(3 Posts)
quadrophenia Tue 10-Jul-07 17:52:04

I have twin dd's aged 7 who have so far been kept together through school. Having liased with the teachers about next years classes we decided that it would be a good idea to split them next year. Not because of any problems as such, more to do with one of the twins suggesting she would like to be in a different class. Classes were announced today and the majority of the class are staying together with about 4 or 5 exceptions one of them being the twin who wanted to be seperated. Unfortunately whilst she was thrilled, her sister was devestated and has been incredibly tearful. I have obviously tried to reassure her, they don't play together anyway, but she sees it that her sister 'got her own way'. I think the situation was heightened by a number of the children getting upset about my dd moving class. Please can someone tell me this is going to get better as I now have a headache, a weepy child and a horrid feeling in the pit of my stomach!

cazzybabs Tue 10-Jul-07 17:57:49

They will be fine! Children are really adaptable. Mind you I don't have twins myself - but do teach and have seen it from the other side!

I am sure it is just the shock for your dd. think of all the postives for her and tell her.

quadrophenia Tue 10-Jul-07 18:01:15

She is feeling very emotional at the moment, so I'm finding it difficult to get through to her at all. I felt completely confident when i made the decision, its definately the right thing to do but just seeing her so upset has been a little unsettling, tbh I had no idea she was so emotionally dependent on her twin.
Thanks cazzybabs its nice to hear a teachers perspective

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now