Talk

Advanced search

Calling all teachers: Would this be a really smarmy thing to do?

(7 Posts)
frogs Tue 10-Jul-07 09:59:33

Dd1 is just finishing Y7. After a very chequered time at primary school she has blossomed at secondary. We are so pleased with the school we (and she) have chosen, just really impressed with the level of pastoral care and the teaching and the general effort made by teachers to go beyond the curriculum and enthuse the girls. Dd1 has been transformed from a sulky, resentful Y6 to a bouncy, confident, enthusiastic and hard-working Y7.

Would it be really smarmy to write a brief letter to the school, for the staff who have taught her form, saying how pleased we are and thanking them for their efforts? Or will they just think I'm a slightly over-keen mother trying to suck up?

Your votes, please!

collisionfrances Tue 10-Jul-07 10:00:46

do it!

I would imagine Teachers love letters of appreciation and I think if you are happy about something you should express yourself!

RubySlippers Tue 10-Jul-07 10:01:56

surely anyone would like to be told they have done a great job
very occasionally in my line of work i get a lovely letter and it is very gratifying

bellabelly Tue 10-Jul-07 10:03:34

It would be SOOOOOOOO appreciated. I'm a teacher and can honestly say that any little words of praise mean such a lot! Nobody would think you were being at all smarmy.

crokky Tue 10-Jul-07 10:04:20

My DB is a teacher and would like to receive this. You could put it in a thankyou card.

NAB3 Tue 10-Jul-07 10:04:58

Definitely do it!!

frogs Tue 10-Jul-07 10:10:33

Okay, off to draft letter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now