Talk

Advanced search

Who knows Ibstock Place or Emanuel?

(5 Posts)
ContinentalMum Sun 24-Jun-07 11:50:53

Hi there. Am new to all this. Anybody has an oppionion on the above? Get told different things about Emanuel from good alround school to it's only a place to consider as a last option. Can't seem to get any opinions on Ibstock Place. Dd1 to start 2008. Local comprehensive is quite bad. Also like Sutton High. Any views?

MrsTweedy Sun 24-Jun-07 12:12:54

Hello, I have no personal experience of either but have spoken to others who have looked around both. Ibstock has received very favourable reviews, and is the school of choice for several school leavers from ds' school. Emmanuel from what I can gather is okay and is trying to improve the academic side by offering scholarships and attracting girls; the downside is its location and that it's by a very bad estate which has been known to cause problems.

clutteredup Sun 24-Jun-07 17:36:41

Is Ibstock place private ? It used to be directly affiliated with Froebel teacher training college, part of Roehampton, and used to be used a a training school. I don't think they use it as such any more but it always had a good reputation.

castlesintheair Sun 24-Jun-07 17:38:39

I know a couple of children who've gone to Ibstock Place and the parents are very happy with it, as are their DCs.

fridayschild Mon 25-Jun-07 13:49:41

One of my friends sends her DD to Emmanuel and is happy there, apart from slightly excessive teenage angst - but she was happy with the way the school tried to tackle it

Her DS goes to secondary school in September and is going to a state school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now