Talk

Advanced search

online tuition - anyone any experience

(8 Posts)
hamma Thu 21-Jun-07 19:19:18

has anyone used an online tuition company for their children, if so was it any good, any better than a tutor?

hamma Thu 21-Jun-07 21:46:29

bump

Creole Fri 22-Jun-07 09:48:00

see the maths Whizz thread!

hamma Fri 22-Jun-07 10:29:37

is that only for maths?

Homebird8 Fri 22-Jun-07 12:50:36

at the moment but they are working on other subjects too...

applecrumble74 Sun 28-Dec-14 02:25:54

Most of the online agencies now offer free 1 hour lessons so that you can test online tuition out for yourself.

We decided to go for a tutoring agency that chooses not to use a webcam in their classroom.

For our son, it has been a breathe of fresh air. It is almost like having an elder brother at university, who once a week rings up for a chat and a lesson.

franmum Mon 29-Dec-14 16:49:52

For us it works really well actually and I must be honest I was sceptical at first. DS has science and maths tuition online; the agency we use has an online classroom that DS logs into and it has an interactive whiteboard across the whole computer screen that the tutor and DS use

of course it helps that the chemistry between DS and tutor is very good too

emayers Tue 30-Dec-14 17:01:13

I started off with face to face tutoring for my daughter and that went well but at £30 an hour it was very expensive. I tried tutoring her myself but that is another story. Not at all a success! We have just started with an on-line agency that charge £16 an hour. I also was skeptical but she really needs help with her maths. To be honest it is going really well as she seems more focused in front of a webcam and the time on-line is really about working. So far so good for us! If you do a Google Search there are quite a few good on-line tutoring agencies out there and their prices are very competitive compared to face to face: lmgtfy.com/?q=online+tutors+-advertising. The standard of tutors is also extremely high.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now