Talk

Advanced search

Millfield Prep 2018

(7 Posts)
Teacupcakes Mon 12-Mar-18 21:45:53

Hello, I'm considering a move to Millfield Prep for my children of different abilities. Any recent views on the school would be much appreciated. Would also appreciate views on the best places to live. Is Bruton too far and if so any suggestions not too far from civilisation? Thanks.

Atalune Mon 12-Mar-18 21:54:34

Bruton isn’t too far, and it’s a small pretty town.
Somerton is a nicer larger village and much closer, Langport is more bohemian and close too and has a lovely community artsy feel

Is it millfield prep going on to the main school? The main school is very very exclusive and the children do not mix in the town and a “local” going there would be unusual! £27k a year does preclude some.grin

Somerset is a beautiful county, we love it here.

Lowdoorinthewal1 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:46:10

Nothing against Millfield, but if you are looking for a great combination of a country prep that caters for all abilities and a lovely place to live then look at Sherborne Prep.

It has lots of local kids, plenty of families walk to school. I would look to a house in Sherborne and save yourself the school run.

Atalune Wed 14-Mar-18 08:31:05

Yes friends of ours go to Sherborne prep and love it!

Diplomum Wed 14-Mar-18 08:40:03

I would also recommend Hazlegrove near Sparkford. Lovely prep school, gorgeous setting, academically good but also great pastorally. We were thrilled with it for DS.

Teacupcakes Fri 16-Mar-18 11:27:49

Many thanks all. We are pretty confident with the school choice, just trying to work out where to live. We like Bruton but are worried its too far. Thanks again.

Lowdoorinthewal1 Fri 16-Mar-18 18:51:17

It's not the distance from Bruton that's the problem, so much as how bad the roads are. I don't think it would be a fun school run in the dark, mud, ice, driving rain, behind the zillion tractors out during harvest...

Would Wells not fit the bill?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: