Talk

Advanced search

Do teachers think bad of those who don't come to parents evening.

(5 Posts)
Experiencedout Wed 14-Feb-18 22:01:43

I have been for the last decade but cannot make this week's. It's the first one of the year and dd has all new teachers who won't know I usually come.

Do teachers judge parents who don't come.
We have email contacts for them so I could drop a quick email but will they hate me more for that?!

Thierryhenryneedisaymore Wed 14-Feb-18 22:09:49

If it were me i would explain why i could not go and try to ask for another appointment. Saying nothing runs a big risk IMO that they will think that you are not interested. I can't see a teacher being irritated by you trying to explain why you cannot be there. You won't be the first parent who has a genuine reason why they cannot attend.

50andgoingstrong Wed 14-Feb-18 22:13:55

Not at KS3. At KS4 I always phone the parents that can't make their appointment and we have a chat anyway. I'm always impressed with students who come on their own.

I only "think bad" of parents who are rude and unappreciative!

MsAwesomeDragon Wed 14-Feb-18 22:14:38

Give the school a ring and let them know you can't make it. Ask for any teachers with any concerns to contact you. They will be happy to do that, most will contact you whether they have concerns or not.

I can assure you that I don't think badly of any parent who can't make it. I have been the parent who can't make it more than once, mainly due to parents evenings at my own school. It happens.

Dermymc Wed 14-Feb-18 22:16:27

Not at all. Unless your child can't behave, in which case I would have spoken to you before parents evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now