Talk

Advanced search

The Mall School, Twickenham

(8 Posts)
Strix Sun 11-Feb-18 15:36:52

Does anyone have any experience of this school. DS is in Year two at a local state primary. Considering private, if I can get a bursary. I have no idea what is on the test -- Maths and English, but that still leaves the field wide open. Anyone know what they will be looking for.

My interest in this school is primarily for smaller classes and mire sport.

FiloPasty Mon 19-Feb-18 20:19:10

7+ exams would have been in January so I imagine you’ve missed the opportunity to sit for a bursary place for year 3.
I’d call and speak to admissions they are usually very helpful.

Strix Mon 19-Feb-18 22:06:14

I did. They invited DS to a open day where he joins a current year 2 class for the day. And has a maths and English quiz somewhere during the day. I'm just not sure what to expect on the quizzes. I guess I'll find out when he goes.

FiloPasty Mon 19-Feb-18 22:13:38

I’m sure he’ll be fine, probably similar to what he’s been doing at school anyway.
I saw your post and thought I’d bump it, I don’t know the school well so don’t have more to add, things often get missed in here, you might do better in chat.

HootenannyHouse Tue 20-Feb-18 19:53:45

Most likely he will be asked to write a story and draw a picture that goes with it. Not a bad idea to help him practice writing his own stories. Always a good idea to do something like a bake a cake the day before so when they ask what do you like to do with mummy he doesn't say the dreaded "I don't know." It's good to talk through some of his favourite things and why they are his favourite things. I should say I don't know this school particularly but they all seem to follow this format roughly.

notthe1Parrot Tue 20-Feb-18 21:02:10

A Y2 child I know was asked what book he was currently reading (in a very informal "interview").

At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked him if he had any question he'd like to ask. The child said "Yes, what book are you reading at the moment?" (!)

notthe1Parrot Wed 21-Feb-18 19:23:00

I should have said this was not at The Mall, but at another independent school.

Strix Wed 21-Feb-18 21:31:28

Thank you for the replies. Helpful information. I met with the head yesterday. He was lovely. So we are studying a variety of Bonds books until the assessment day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: