Talk

Advanced search

Scholarships Bursaries entrance exams. Were you surprised?

(7 Posts)
Neweternal Fri 09-Feb-18 19:33:50

I'm curious when your child went for an entrance exam, scholarship did you get a feeling you had done enough on the day and have a feeling they would be selected? I'm interested in any stories please? Thank you.

Hoppinggreen Fri 09-Feb-18 21:25:07

I liked to think I had an idea dd had done well but then I didn’t want to assume and get disappointed.
However, there wasn’t too much riding on it for us, she was going to go to the school anyway, it was just a case of whether we could get 25% off or not!

Neweternal Fri 09-Feb-18 21:42:53

Hoppinggreen Did she get the scholarship?

MissWimpyDimple Fri 09-Feb-18 23:50:29

Yes. DD came out of the exam quite euphoric and thought she had done well.

As it happens she had. In all we have been awarded a 95% bursary/scholarship. I wondered if everyone who applies gets it, but there were four we know and she was the only one.

Neweternal Sat 10-Feb-18 01:27:58

Misswimpydimple. That's great, well done to your dd!

MrsPatmore Sat 10-Feb-18 06:46:51

We knew ds had done exceptionally well in the grammar school tests a couple of months before sitting the independents. So we were fairly confident he would do well in the tests but the interview we weren't so sure about as he's shy. In the event ds was made scholarship (in some cases the top scholarship award) offers.

Hoppinggreen Sat 10-Feb-18 10:21:46

Yes she did newt

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: