Talk

Advanced search

Tockington manor

(3 Posts)
youtubemummy Wed 07-Feb-18 22:22:01

We are considering this school for my little one. We are quite nervous as we never had to do this before and don't want to mess it up! We have been googling like mad but can't really find much information out there on this school or any school for that matter. All that's available is the fully vetted marketing text, but I want to know the proper truth, are students happy there, bullies, helped to thrive. We are also looking at other independent schools in Bristol too so anyone willingly to share any inside information please let me know. We hear so many terrifying and sad stories for little ones suffering either because of bullying or exam pressure I just want us to get it right. Thanks in advance!!

catslife Fri 09-Feb-18 10:18:07

You could try looking here at the ISC reports www.isc.co.uk/schools/england/bristol/bristol/ for reports on the school.
I think this is the school that dds friend went to and it was fine - she was happy there. Transferred to clifton High for senior school.
The most pressurised schools in terms of exam pressure are BGS and Clifton College (can be quite pressured further up the school as they have long hours due to being a boarding school) but may not be applicable for younger dcs.
Am not sure what you mean by helping bullies to thrive though!

youtubemummy Fri 09-Feb-18 10:54:41

Thank you! This really helps! Didn't know about the link, looks quite detailed! Sorry - definitely did not mean help bullies thrive!!! Poor grammar from lack of sleep!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now