Talk

Advanced search

Cokethorpe School

(4 Posts)
muppetsmum Sun 14-Jan-18 00:18:44

Does anybody have any recent opinions on Cokethorpe, please? Fairly bright, musical but not team-sporty DD. Hard working and competent academically but probably not quite bright enough to get into SHSK. Limited day school options within reach and we don't want boarding (a couple of nights a week would be OK but no more). I get the impression that Cokethorpe is trying to improve its image academically, but still worried there will be too much emphasis on team sports (an attitude which has led to self-esteem issues in Prep School). And what is music like there? Any thoughts or experiences welcome!

Newme2016 Sun 14-Jan-18 12:46:32

Hi, I think Cokethrope has mixed reviews, hopefully someone with more up to date knowledge comes along.

But have a look at Wychwood School in Oxford. It is a day school and boarding. So whenever they need to board they can. We use boarding whenever they go to a late school trip or there is event on at school.

It’s a really lovely school, where they really get the best out of each girl.

The Headmistress is a very amazing lady. Music provisions are great, just been to the Christmas service, it’s really outstanding at what the girls do. There are lots of other performing arts nights during the year too.

Because it’s such a small school if the girl is interested in being in the sports team they are made very welcome.

The school is really all about the girls and what the school can do to help them achieve their best. Go have a look, I am sure you will love it!

1805 Sun 14-Jan-18 14:04:16

St Edwards?
Headington?
I liked Wychwood too, when I looked round it a couple of years ago.
|

muppetsmum Sun 14-Jan-18 23:25:17

Thank you - sadly we are just a bit too far from Oxford (near Shrivenham) for Day to be feasible there. Unless I'm being a total wimp - I looked at the buses to Oxford High for Girls and we'd need to leave the house at 6.40 am..... A real shame as it would open a lot up. Can't face moving as we've just spent 2 years doing up this house which took us 3 years to find!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now