Talk

Advanced search

St.Margaret's School: 11+ assessment

(13 Posts)
ralag0 Mon 25-Dec-17 19:02:24

Dear All
My daughter is sitting 11+ test at St.Margaret's, Hampstead in Jan'18. Given that there are no sample papers on their website, I am wondering if anyone who has had previous experience with this school could help me.
Are their 11+ tests similar to North London consortium tests in terms of level of difficulty?

Look forward to your feedback.
Many Thanks.
Rala

poisonedbypen Mon 25-Dec-17 19:03:28

Try www.elevenplusexams.co.uk

hiyasminitsme Tue 26-Dec-17 22:16:52

No direct experience as my daughter left there after reception, but I'd say it's less academic than SHHS, NLCS, Channing, habs etc

ralag0 Sat 10-Feb-18 10:45:33

Good Morning, All.
We have a couple of offers but waitlisted at St.Margaret's, Hampstead, which my daughter is very keen on.
Does anyone have experience on if they move onto wait list as all since their intake is so small (single digit)?

Look forward to your thoughts.

many Thanks
rala

FanDabbyFloozy Sat 10-Feb-18 16:30:24

They definitely do. I know one child who rejected a place for another school so hang in there - it's early days!

ralag0 Sun 11-Feb-18 23:11:55

thank you. I will call them and check if there has been any movement in the waitlist

FanDabbyFloozy Mon 12-Feb-18 16:14:06

Sorry OP - I've realised I was unclear. I knew a few girls who got offers in previous years and at least 1-2 didn't take up the offer. I wasn't taking about this year.

ralag0 Mon 12-Feb-18 16:42:10

Thank you. I will hang in there and wait a few more days.

NWgirls Mon 12-Feb-18 19:00:22

The vast majority of waiting list movement at independents typically happens in the first few days of March - with response deadlines looming (so most responses are in) and state offers are out (1 March) - so I suggest you wait at least 3 weeks.

NWgirls Mon 12-Feb-18 19:05:13

And look carefully at the deadline for your favourite offer, and be ready to hand-deliver your form & cheque just as that acceptance deadline expires, after calling StM one more time on your mobile... (You don't want to lose a deposit unnecessarily).

ralag0 Fri 02-Mar-18 09:55:15

keeping finger crossed!! hope someone who's got a grammar school offer or other Indie offers is going to make way for movement in the waiting list...

NWgirls Fri 02-Mar-18 10:53:25

If you have not already done so, call the registrar today and say that that you would accept immediately if offered.

You can also consider mentioning that you have an offer - your second preference - which requires a deposit, and by when. (The StM registrar will worry that you will be less keen on StM after accepting and paying a deposit somewhere else)

ralag0 Fri 02-Mar-18 11:20:59

looks like there is not much movement this year, unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: