Talk

Advanced search

Who was your least favourite teacher at school?

(33 Posts)
Comedyshortsgamer Tue 12-Dec-17 19:52:59

I would say my year 6 teacher , really strict I even got sent to the head teacher for the first time in my school life for hardly anything.

HRTpatch Tue 12-Dec-17 19:55:45

The man who was a sexual predator. Covered up by the school.. .he was sent to a "retreat". This was in the late sixties. And he went on to work with young people. Utter bastard.

greyfriarskitty Tue 12-Dec-17 22:11:25

The sexist bastard who said girls couldn't do physics and so never let me answer a question for a whole year. (He also put a cardboard Hitler moustache on when the German exchange pupils were here, but that's a whole other story....)

averylongtimeago Tue 12-Dec-17 22:22:22

My PE teachers. All of them, sadistic bitches who enjoyed ritual humiliation of any girl who didn't like netball or hockey.

I also had a (male) science teacher who said that girls brains were not suited to science. He would only accept girls for 'A' level if they did significantly better than the boys.

Efnisien Tue 12-Dec-17 22:31:13

My Latin teacher (in the 80's).Forever walloping pupils around the head or throwing wooden blackboard dusters.Evil man.

Traffig Tue 12-Dec-17 23:10:50

Latin teacher for me too.
A woman with a sarcastic, humiliating manner. A cruel and nasty piece of work who told me ( aged 12) that: my lovely grandfather's death was no reason to only get 69% in my class test. (My grandfather was my only protector from a very abusive mother). It was the worst year of my life after that.

HertToHert Tue 12-Dec-17 23:17:09

Yr 6 teacher - Cruel, nasty and abusive woman.
Fresh teacher - Yrs 7-9
Maths teacher -Yrs 9-11

TheQueenOfWands Tue 12-Dec-17 23:19:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LizB62A Tue 12-Dec-17 23:33:09

Our sadistic RE teacher, who used the lessons as an excuse to teach us the origins of all the various swear words, and used to regularly slap and punch pupils for any perceived misbehaviour.

Sadly he's still alive and now, even 40 years later, some ex-pupils refuse to go to school reunions as he attends them all, cruel smug git.

MiaowTheCat Wed 13-Dec-17 12:11:31

I have a few.

The primary school head who was the most evil fucking woman I have ever had the misfortune to meet. A Catholic nun with an obsession with Kenneth Baker (dates when I was at primary school fairly well there) who hated me. Loved to drop in on classes unannounced and randomly start ripping strips of kids she didn't like because of their family background. My mum was divorced so I was a prime target. I later found out that she'd basically ordered the staff to give me a hard time - ran into one of my old class teachers (who ended up Head of the place) as an adult and she actually apologised, said she'd morally felt awful trying to deal with what she'd been asked to do to crush me totally - but she was a new teacher, her first year of the job and she didn't feel able to object. I'm on a FB group for old pupils and memories of the school - and there is not a single person on there who has a positive word to say about this person. Not one.

The Maths teacher who would scream at us, tell us we were useless at Maths and go on and on like this. We were top set, an exceptional cohort of very very able kids - but I ended up convinced for years and years and years that I was mathematically as thick as pigshit.

zzzzz Wed 13-Dec-17 12:18:57

My Alevel Physics Teacher, who made mine and another girls life miserable for the whole of the sixth form. She felt moved to follow me out of school as I left for my interview at Cambridge to tell me what a waste of time it was I went.
It took years for me to recover, get my degree and understand that I was far from the lazy, stupid unpleasant person she liked to describe to me in long “talks” 1:1 in her lab prep room. The other girl died soon after school, and the adult me is so sad her last years were filled with malice.

StiltonForDays Wed 13-Dec-17 12:24:07

Horrible twat who said I was thick and would end up 'working in a supermarket or knocked up at 17'. hmm

FrLukeDuke Thu 14-Dec-17 09:06:33

I was lucky in that most of mine were nice. There was only really two at primary and two at secondary that weren't nice

MrsFoxPlus4 Thu 14-Dec-17 09:11:37

My P.E teacher. Hated my mum my aunt and myself. Once I refused to play tunnel tig at the age of 16 and he threw me out the class 😂

Ta1kinPeace Thu 14-Dec-17 18:44:32

Predatory lesbian PE teacher who left teaching and Britain when CRB checks were introduced .....

RhythmStix Sat 16-Dec-17 07:31:04

What a pointless and nasty thread.

zzzzz Sat 16-Dec-17 08:58:08

@RythmStix Why? Because we must only remember the good? Because even years later we must keep quiet about abuse of power? If it has no value to you then simply don’t read it. For myself even nigh on 30 years later it is good to stand up and say this happened to me and it was wrong.

MiaowTheCat Sat 16-Dec-17 09:13:19

Actually it's very helpful for some of us - I found I had a LOT of emotional baggage from my time at school to put aside before I dealt with my own kids starting school and working in schools myself.

snowsnowsnowsnow Sat 16-Dec-17 09:18:49

my Yr 4 teacher at junior school -she was horrible and blamed me for everything. In the end I gave and started being really really naughty . I ended up having to leave the state school system... now 40 years later I am working at that school! I am still worried that someone might find out!!

Traffig Sat 16-Dec-17 10:04:13

@RythmStix Why? Because we must only remember the good? Because even years later we must keep quiet about abuse of power? If it has no value to you then simply don’t read it. For myself even nigh on 30 years later it is good to stand up and say this happened to me and it was wrong

Absolutely this. ^

Always a moral high grounder missing the point on abuse related threads ...just move along please and start an inspirational teacher thread... happy to contribute.

Ta1kinPeace Sat 16-Dec-17 12:08:37

Rhythmstix
I had some utterly fantastic teachers at the same school
including the History and English teachers who were an openly lesbian couple
but she was a nasty piece of work and the fact that CRB checks mean no other child has to put up with people like her is a good thing

its why I am always wary of people projecting their own school experience from years ago onto how things are done now

Thehogfather Sun 17-Dec-17 14:17:15

The one I confided in about my home life only to be basically told that naice mc parents aren't abusive, and then rang my home and had a cosy chat about how awful I was.

The predatory pe teacher that bullied a very overweight girl, constant snide comments, humiliation and forcing her not to shower in her pe kit/ holding up a towel when clearly the girl didn't want anyone else to see her undressed. I was disruptive with many teachers, but I hated the pe teacher enough that I devised my own payback scheme for every time she went after that girl, and intervened if I was around. And as I was a very sporty teen I had ample opportunity to make her look bad.

Several crap teachers who decided that instead of disrupting their lessons I could be dumped in what was then special ed cos those dc didn't matter. As opposed to just letting me read/ not insisting I listen to their ill informed, inane ramblings. Although it had an unintended consequence, special ed teacher was one of the few great staff, she not only left me to quietly amuse myself, she gave me access to a load of old books from when the school had the sixth form in the same building.

Heratnumber7 Sun 17-Dec-17 14:18:32

Mr Jones, Biology.
He used to throw the board rubber at anyone he thought wasn't listening (early 70s)

redexpat Sun 17-Dec-17 14:32:03

First year infant teacher. Just made me feel like I wasnt good enough, ever. Put us into 2 teams in gym, the good children and the naughty children. Not a good start to school.

Opheliasgoldenwine Sun 17-Dec-17 14:52:26

This was by far not my worst teacher but my male PE teacher (who was known for being a creep) kicked me out because I wouldn't bend over to start dodgeball in front of him (he was literally behind me and I had my time of the month) and when I said no he shouted at me to get out. He also (separate occasion) hit my bum with a badminton racket and, at times, made 'suggestive comments'. I was 12/13.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now