Talk

Advanced search

City of London School for Girls (prep)

(9 Posts)
charlie1681 Thu 07-Dec-17 13:04:13

Hi we have been offered a 7+ place at CLSG prep school. Can anyone provide some insight into what it's actually like there? Is it a nurturing school? Are the current parents pleased?

Are the lack of grounds/facilities a problem?

It would really help to get some information.

Thank you in advance!

Foxpants Fri 08-Dec-17 09:10:15

Hi - have a daughter there and happy to give you my thoughts. Feel free to PM me with questions....

FanDabbyFloozy Fri 08-Dec-17 19:01:47

Recommend you look at the elevenplusforum - if I can recall correctly, there has been chat about CLSG prep and the maths teaching. Allegedly the prep girls enter the secondary behind the girls coming from outside. It's worth a read.

hiyasminitsme Fri 08-Dec-17 19:56:11

That is generally the case - kids who have done the 11+ are always ahead of those who have come up via a through school. It evens up in year seven.

newmummycwharf1 Fri 08-Dec-17 20:08:57

My friend says that about haberdershers for girls too - her daughter there since 4 and kids who came in at 7+ were typically ahead

hiyasminitsme Fri 08-Dec-17 20:16:45

As I said, that is the case everywhere at 7 and 11. It evens out within the year as fun e tutored kids enjoy taking their foot off the pedal for a bit!

charlie1681 Sat 09-Dec-17 11:12:58

Hi All,
Thank you very much for your comments. Much appreciated.
I too have heard that children who come from outside are at a slightly higher level. I think most teachers are aware of this and expect it to be the case.

Foxpants- thanks, I will message you now

FanDabbyFloozy Sat 09-Dec-17 12:53:40

It was insinuated that it's more than the usual case of everything evening out in Y7. The implication was that the teaching is poor in maths in the prep and some parents are resorting to tutoring. Perhaps they don't feel comfortable complaining in case it jeopardises their chances of a place in the secondary. Anyhow it's worth reading the threads.

charlie1681 Sat 09-Dec-17 14:01:34

FanDabbyFloozy - oh I see. Ok thanks, will have a read of the threads

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now