Talk

Advanced search

which lunchbox do you use for pancake in lunchbox

(13 Posts)
mom17 Wed 06-Dec-17 08:07:58

I am looking for some hotbox which can keep pancake hot for lunch for school.

fidgettt Wed 06-Dec-17 14:04:57

I don't think there's a specific product but I'd try rolling it up and putting it into a thermos flask?

mom17 Thu 07-Dec-17 05:31:04

That's what I am doing but guess it is tough for kids to take it and eat.
Thermos should have some flat box also, all their products are tumbler kind only.

Ifailed Thu 07-Dec-17 06:08:44

something like this: www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Thermal-Insulated-Lunch-DBQ-501/dp/B008YC1SCU?tag=mumsnetforum-21 ?

Evelynismyspyname Thu 07-Dec-17 06:14:40

There are loads of insulated bento boxes available, they're just generally too bulky to put inside a school bag and something extra to carry separately is off putting.

noitsnotteatimeyet Thu 07-Dec-17 08:27:33

Maybe give them something other than a pancake for lunch then??

Evelynismyspyname Thu 07-Dec-17 09:32:09

grin

I do like the Bento boxes theoretically. There are some very appealing ones. I feel quite bad about my youngest not having a warm lunch in winter and have considered buying them - but then I remember that he doesn't want warm food - he's massively fussy and won't eat school lunch regardless of peer pressure, he just went hungry when we tried, which is why he takes a packed lunch.

He wants a cheese or salami sandwich, an apple, a raw carrot and a yogurt, and I'd actually be buying the box to virtue signal to myself that I'm being a thoughtful and caring parent while actually causing myself hassle and expense to give him a lunch that looks better to outsiders but isn't what he wants to eat, and will probably come home virtually untouched, whilst giving him more to carry/ potentially misplace. grin

Psychobabble123 Thu 07-Dec-17 09:36:57

Does it have to be a pancake?! confused

DontCallMeJohnBoy Thu 07-Dec-17 09:43:04

Are you sure that your Dc's school will let them take hot food? Our school won't, the only hot food has to be served from their canteen (primary school).

How do you stop a pancake from going rubbery in the 3+ hours from making to eating?

Hersetta427 Thu 07-Dec-17 10:23:02

My daughter takes hot food in her SHO food flask. She takes soups, pasta, chicken casserole etc. All still piping hot at lunchtime. A pancake is an odd thing to try and keep hot - can they not have something else?

LooksBetterWithAFilter Thu 07-Dec-17 10:25:10

I have a chilly bottle keeps things cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 (have never tested that properly but it does keep things super hot.) they doo food tubs as well.

mom17 Fri 08-Dec-17 03:38:11

Psychobabble123: He wants to take pancake once a week.
DontCallMeJohnBoy , my pancakes are more like crepe. I use egg, wheat flour, milk, jaggery and 2-3 bananas to make a paste. I don't make thick pancake style but like crepes by spreading in on whole pan. He loves to eat with honey.

irvineoneohone Fri 08-Dec-17 12:00:44

I've sent pancakes in insulated pouch with disposable hand warmers once, when they were doing pancake day at nursery. ( ds couldn't eat theirs because of allergy. )

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: