Talk

Advanced search

Wimbledon Common Prep

(4 Posts)
Loverunandwine Thu 23-Nov-17 13:44:10

Hi all,

I noticed that there were a couple of threads on this school but they were a little dated so thought I would start afresh.

I just wanted to ask current parents at the school if they are happy with the school both from an academic and pastoral stand point?

Also my son has his assessment in Feb and I wanted to see if anyone has any insider info on what this entails? I’m told they play with toys whilst the teacher interacts with them? They told me also that the assessment is completed with bots across the year and not streamed by birthday. My son is April and therefore wondering if any mums with late spring/summer boys were successful

Many thanks in advance for any help

twiice Thu 23-Nov-17 14:44:22

Hi OP

I am not a current parent but DS has a place to start in reception next year.

Regarding the assessment - it is all very low key and friendly. DS enjoyed it. Boys are brought into a classroom and parents go off to have a cup of tea. There are different tables set up with toys and from what DS said they play with the toys and listen to a story. I think he played with dinosaurs and counted farm animals. He also seems to think he spelt his name although he certainly couldn't write it yet age 2 so maybe he said the letter sounds. I don't think the assessment is as 'academic' as the 4+ because the boys are so young when it is done, and I got the impression they're mainly looking at behaviour and engagement/interest. DS is born in Spring too by the way, I am not sure if the other boys in his group were though.

Loverunandwine Thu 23-Nov-17 16:57:34

Twiice

Thank you that is incredibly helpful and also reassuring. Yes my son won’t yet be 3 so wasn’t sure what they can really assess rather than his general interaction etc, fingers cross he doesn’t develop any interesting habits between now and Feb!!

twiice Thu 23-Nov-17 21:33:36

Good luck, hope it goes well for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now