Talk

Advanced search

Murray Park Community School

(11 Posts)
dream2017 Sat 18-Nov-17 14:47:59

Recently moved into Derby and my daughter started school at Murray Park. She came home in tears after her second day. Described school as chaotic, kids disrupting lessons and teachers not even attempting to manage behaviour during lessons. As a result, out of 5 subjects she attended lessons for, only 1 lesson the were actually taught something. The rest of the time, kids just sat in class chatting away and teachers just sat at their desk doing nothing.

Does anyone have kids at Murray Park?

Not sure whether to withdraw her?

She is academically able kid. She said in maths lesson they gave her a worksheet to complete, work that she learnt 3 years ago

Any advice pls.

LovingLola Sat 18-Nov-17 14:53:08

Contact the school if you have not already done that and tell them your concerns.

dream2017 Sat 18-Nov-17 15:04:35

Will do, Monday will b her 3rd day at school.

She also said when she asked two teachers for help, they referred her to the students to assist her.

dream2017 Sat 18-Nov-17 15:05:38

Will do, Monday will b her 3rd day at school.

She also said when she asked two teachers for help, they referred her to the students to assist her 😱

clary Sun 19-Nov-17 23:54:33

That's poor, I'm sorry she is having this situation.

Murray Park not got the best rep tbh; are there an other schools you could look at? Mickleover is not in the best position but any chance of Littleover or in the other direction, Woodlands?

dream2017 Mon 20-Nov-17 09:29:30

Littleover, woodlands, West park are all full. I live in Chester Green and closest school is Landau Forte, also full.

Considering homeschooling and applying to be placed on waiting lists. Unfortunately not sure where to start with homeschooling.

clary Mon 20-Nov-17 21:18:58

Are you not in catchment for Woodlands there? Maybe go on waiting list and HS in the meantime? What year is she in?

dream2017 Mon 20-Nov-17 21:45:00

I live in Chester Green very near Landau Forte. Not sure about catchment area for woodlands. We just recently moved to Derby.
What does HS stand for.

She is in Year 10.

clary Tue 21-Nov-17 18:14:21

Sorry, HS = home school, but oooh I wouldn't be keen in year 10 sad

Pretty sure you are in Woodlands catchment but it might be safe Vinci I guess. Landau doesn't have a catchment area as such. Where are you on the wait lists? As she us in yr 10 you need to sort asap as I am sure you realise. Will check areas if I can find the website page.

clary Tue 21-Nov-17 18:15:11

Sorry da Vinci not safe Vinci!! Stupid phone

dream2017 Tue 21-Nov-17 19:11:08

Yes would like her started ASAP. I am number 11 on the waiting list at Landau.

Will contact Council tomorrow to ask if I can be put on waiting list for Woodlands.

Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now