Talk

Advanced search

Development study

(3 Posts)
Monicaybg Sat 18-Nov-17 09:12:13

Hi mums,

I was wondering if you round be interested in helping.
I am currently doing a masters course in psychodynamics of human development.
A module of my course is to be able to see the development of a newborn to toddler.

I would need to meet the expecting (7 months or more pregnant) mum once or twice before giving birth and then would meet her (or the caregiver) and the baby once a week until the baby is 18 months.
This is a study to just see the development of the baby and its interaction with family members.
If this is something you would be interested in, please let me know and I can give you more information.

Thank you for your interest.

Monica.

TeenTimesTwo Sat 18-Nov-17 18:53:10

Have you considered contacting your local maternity unit together with a letter from your university? Wouldn't that be a better way to go than a random request with no location given? Meeting once a week for 18 months also sounds like a massive commitment!

Monicaybg Sun 19-Nov-17 08:46:37

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.
All avenues in recruiting a mother are being tried, including maternity units.
Previous students as well as a current student have used mumsnet to advertise and secure a mother who is willing to commit to the study.
18 months is a very long time, which is why I mentioned this straight away so the mother (caregiver) can understand the commitment she/he will have.
The location for this study is where the person lives. Therefore I will travel to them instead of the other way around. Apologies for this not being highlighted on my post.

Should you know anyone that may be interested, please pass my post on.

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now