Talk

Advanced search

Sarum Hall v. St Marys' School

(2 Posts)
AyeCaramba Wed 01-Nov-17 09:20:10

Hello, we are new to the UK schooling system and to Mumsnet, so apologies if this is the wrong place to be posting or wrong question to be asking!

Our DD is 2.5 years old and has been offered a place at both - Sarum Hall and St Marys' School in Hampstead. We have tried to get feedback from other parents who live close to us, but with limited success.

We are not religious and do not come from a Christian background, but are content for our DD to be in a school which has a religious affiliation. What we do care about it whether the school is nurturing, gives its students confidence and has good exit results.

We would be grateful for any views on Sarum Hall and St Marys' School.

Thank you!

MajesticWhine Tue 07-Nov-17 10:54:21

You are lucky to have been offered places at both. They are both quite competitive popular schools. My DD is at Sarum hall and we have been very happy with it. It is non selective so deals with the full range of abilities. It is aspirational and aims high for the girls to get into good secondary school but is not over pushy. It seems to be quite caring and nurturing. Very strong in drama and music. Very good facilities. I have friends whose DDs have been through st Mary's and I have not heard a bad word about it. Sorry not very helpful. Go with your gut as to which school you prefer. Or choose based on location which has a big impact on your lifestyle. Clearly at st Mary's will be more of a religious emphasis whereas Sarum hall does religion a little more lightly. There are lots of Jewish and other non Christian kids at Sarum hall but my guess is the same could be said of st Mary's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now