Talk

Advanced search

Pretty shocked at this

(8 Posts)
Eveningdusk Tue 31-Oct-17 07:08:49

Since when could a teacher groom and have sex with a student and still theoretically go on to teach again in the future?

Fluffysparks Tue 31-Oct-17 07:39:50

Examples...?

PurpleDaisies Tue 31-Oct-17 07:41:26

More information needed.

DumbledoresApprentice Tue 31-Oct-17 07:43:02

Is this a case in the news? If so I haven’t heard about it. Have you got a link?

Eveningdusk Tue 31-Oct-17 07:46:57

here it is

She could be teaching again in five years angry

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Tue 31-Oct-17 07:51:55

I think this is because if the HRS, under which you cannot have a fixed penalty for life (unless judge rules in in exception cases such as aggravated murders with a while life tariff). Everyone else has a right to have their sentence reviewed eg for parole and length of time on SRO.

It does not mean that people who are still considered a threat will be allowed back at the first legally available review point.

Eveningdusk Tue 31-Oct-17 07:55:26

No, its not a criminal court.

She should have been barred from teaching for life.

DumbledoresApprentice Tue 31-Oct-17 17:39:08

I agree. I think a lifetime ban would have been more appropriate. For sexual misconduct of this degree a lifetime ban would normally be the penalty so I’m surprised that they’ve set a review. They won’t necessarily be allowed to teach again in 5 years but I don’t see why there is any reason to allow a review at all in a case this serious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now