Talk

Advanced search

Apply for a secondary (Grammar) school - [Additional reasons for your preference]

(5 Posts)
JaniceEnglish Tue 17-Oct-17 16:41:54

Dear All

My son just received his 11 plus exam result and he manage to score 129. We plan to get him in our preference grammar school. When we filling the application, I saw a question 'You may tell us of any other reasons to support your application for a place at XXX Grammar School . Any reasons you give for a particular school preference will be shared with other admission authorities. It is essential that you indicate on the previous pages if you want your child's application considered under the admission rules of the preferred school.' [There is a limit of 3000 characters for you to tell us about other reasons.]

Do you all think is a good idea to fill-in that or just leave it blank? Or I should put recommendation from his current teacher?

Thanks
Janice

PatriciaHolm Tue 17-Oct-17 16:55:52

It’s irrelevant unless it is evidence that puts you into a specific admissions category (eg Medical or social needs, previously LAC). It won’t make any difference unless it supports that.

BertrandRussell Tue 17-Oct-17 16:58:26

Is it a school that admits people who pass by catchment, or by highest score? Whichever it is, would he have got in last year?

underneaththeash Sat 21-Oct-17 00:03:31

We kept ours blank (Bucks).

CamperVamp Sat 21-Oct-17 20:01:35

That box is there to alert them in case someone has applied for a sibling place, or under 'Social and medical' or 'looked after' or some other category that the school will consider under it's admissions policy. To make sure it gets considered under the correct admissions criteria. Nothing you put in that box will influence the application one way or another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now