Talk

Advanced search

Tonbridge grammar school vs Invicta grammar school

(6 Posts)
Rastogir710 Tue 16-May-17 07:02:06

Hi all, I am moving to Kent in next couple of months. My daughter who will be in Yr 10 in coming September have given entrance test at both the schools Tonbridge grammar and Invicta grammar. She has been offered a place in both the schools. It would be really good to know some parents views about these schools to decide which one to opt. I am really confused as league tables show the difference but don't know how much I should consider that.......My daughter is more into Science and Maths subjects. Help please!!

Laura0806 Tue 16-May-17 10:02:13

I don't think you can go wrong with either-where are you going to be living? Did you daughter get a feel for one or the other? My daughter is starting Tonbridge grammar in September. She had a very strong preference for it when we went to visit.

Laura0806 Tue 16-May-17 10:05:55

I don't think you can go wrong with either-where are you going to be living? Did you daughter get a feel for one or the other? My daughter is starting Tonbridge grammar in September. She had a very strong preference for it when we went to visit.

scaredofthecity Tue 16-May-17 10:07:06

where are you going to be living? I would go for the closest one. They are both good schools, living far away and getting the bus is tiring, and leaves less time for homework etc.

DoNotBlameMeIVotedRemain Wed 17-May-17 17:55:52

How did you get an offer from both? Are they really undersubscribed in year 10? I'm amazed. Both great schools of course. Where will you be living?

user1482340609 Sun 21-May-17 21:44:12

My daughter enjoyed her time at TGS immensely, and didn't feel under the pressure that her friends at Invicta experienced. She did choose to leave at the end of year 11 as she didn't want to study IB and is now sitting A levels at Judd ( boys grammar in Tonbridge ). So give some thought to whether IB is something your daughter would be interested in taking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now