Talk

Advanced search

Repton School and Tettenhall College views wanted

(6 Posts)
OdinsLoveChild Mon 17-Apr-17 15:01:53

Obviously very different schools but they both have aspects we like.
Does anyone recommend either Repton or Tettenhall and also how much pressure is put on the students to do extra curricular activities at school? My children have hobbies not offered at either school as extra curricular activities and they would want to continue with them.

Anything that I might like/need to know that wasn't glaringly obvious. The length of the standard school day for example would be very much appreciated.

Calvado5 Tue 18-Apr-17 00:03:49

Take time out to visit these two places. Bet you fall in love with Tettenhall. It's not all academic, it's the people you meet along the way.

OdinsLoveChild Tue 18-Apr-17 15:04:02

Thanks you, we are going to the Open day at Tettenhall but Repton you have to prearrange a visit. I am hoping that DS likes Tettenhall enough that I don't need to visit Repton grin

MrsMozart Tue 18-Apr-17 15:09:46

Friend's four children went to Repton.

They all loved it, but it was full on. They lived a few miles away but all bar the youngest boarded due to all the extras they were involved in.

OdinsLoveChild Tue 18-Apr-17 15:16:13

MrsMozart Thank you. So maybe Reptons going to be too busy for them to keep up with their hobbies.

MrsMozart Sat 22-Apr-17 11:46:16

Definitely worth a go looksee I think, as friends children were happy there. Find out what is in the art of the possible regarding times and extracurricular activities, both school and non-school based ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now