Talk

Advanced search

Helping Teenagers make life/career choices?

(4 Posts)
Australia2017 Tue 28-Mar-17 02:16:53

Hi Ladies. I’m looking at teenagers selecting job/career/study options and I really need your help. It seems to me that there isn’t very good career counselling offered at schools. Is that your experience? Can I ask those of you whose children have already made their career choice as well as those of you whose children are about to leave school and go into the workforce/ to university/ to college, what are your biggest fears and frustrations about your child making a good choice for them or re what your child will choose? And are these fears and frustrations causing problems in your life, or your child’s life? What is your biggest desire in respect of your child making their choice and how do you think your life and/or your child’s life would be different if you had access to a better career guidance program?

Underbeneathsies Tue 28-Mar-17 02:24:43

I think there is a media section on the site, Oz.

You might get more responses there for your survey.

Australia2017 Tue 28-Mar-17 02:33:49

Oh Thanks

RiverdaleJughead Tue 28-Mar-17 10:46:22

Counsellors for careers are crap even up to postgraduate level. My sister is 24 and a doctor so she's fine, my best friend has an MA in history and is now becoming an accountant, my DP was always becoming an accountant and still is. I am doing my MA in Eng Lit at a top 10 and job prospects still look low, careers give no help. I just want a job I don't hate that pays my bills.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now